Where to buy decent honey in bulk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigmond13

Reaction score
I've previously made 1-2 gallon batches of mead with cheap honey. Would be keen to make a 5 gallon batch with some decent honey. Anyone know where you can get 10 kg of good honey in the UK without breaking the bank?

Thanks in advance.

As weird as it sounds, a fellow meadmaker here in the US says he uses eBay to find bulk honey of various variants.

I had really bad luck getting honey for less than $8 USD / lb of honey from local beekeepers. I ended up ordering a 60lb pail of honey from DutchGold and after shipping fees it ended up being about $2.50 USD / lb.

I've just started my first batch and have used some rowes honey but too would like to use some decent stuff at after this (assuming all goes well) if you find a good place here in the uk that won't break the bank please do tell

Best I can do on eBay is approx £4.50 per lb which is too much for me. I have a couple of requests for quotes with local bee keepers but I suspect it will be similar price.

When you talk to your local bee keeper let them know that crystallized honey is ok. Sometimes you can get a deal on honey they would otherwise be unable to sell.

I get all mine from Walmart. Pure n simple honey goes $15 for 5 lb. and it ferments positively well.

i get US foods kosher clover honey from work, good enough for jewish people and restrictive diets, good enough for a modern viking and
his mead, HOWEVER... im liking this ebay idea maybe illl check that out...

Latest posts

Back