Where my teachers at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphillips

Reaction score
There's not too many jobs out there with higher highs or lower lows. Be it primary/secondary school, helping the elderly/disabled with life skills, or a million different types of teachers in-between, I'd like to know...WHERE MY TEACHERS AT?!?!

You give everything you've got every day, and having a hobby to recharge your ever-draining battery is a hobby worth investing in. For me, that hobby is homebrewing.

Mr. Phillips - Kindergarten Teacher. You?

SWMBO teaches HS English in an inner city school.
I keep the wine an coronas flowing for her! ( I was headed I towards history teacher but took different path at last minute)

A former university chemistry TA and substitute teacher. Now the only "teaching" I do revolves around fun science experiments with my kids.

Wife is a junior high math teacher.

My wife is a college professor, teaching audiology. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are both high school teachers. My mother-in-law is a district superintendent and my father-in-law is a retired college professor.

As much as I'd love to have my summers off too, I don't teach.

I graduated with my PhD in biochem last summer. Liked teaching undergrads, so I'm training to teach HS science right now. Aaaand, now I'm thinking of teaching college.

I teach music. Currently HS and MS choir, and a community men's choir. Oh, and the HS drama club.

At least then you've got the smart and motivated ones.

Yeah....... about that. Smart, yes. But, more and more, it is the motivation that is lacking. BY FAR the most frustrating part of the job is just the general apathy toward actually learning anything.

"Tell me what I need to know so I can say it back to you on a test and get it right. Give me my 'A' so I have a piece of paper that says I know something."

Ok...... that is actually the 2nd most frustrating..... meetings, paper work, hoop jumping - Getting worse every year.

Music Education major at Cal State Fullerton, tutoring music skills on the side and teaching some instrument lessons. Hopefully in a few years, Middle or High school orchestra director.

No. Haha! Just kidding! Teaching is teaching.

I agree with all the hoop-jumping. My dad retired a few years back after teaching middle school social studies for 37 years...and he says he could have gone another 37 if they (administrators) would just leave him alone.

Of course, no knock against administrators. Lord knows I don't want their job! I'll take a class of 20 6-year-olds over a staff meeting of 30 adults every day of the week!

swmbo is a first grade teacher. loves her summers and her wines. between the kids at school and the two in the house, there isn't much sanity left. but we still have fun!!

teacher2.jpg

I am an instructor (nights, twice a week) at the local TECH College, I am working with them to include an Adult Learning course on Home-brewing.

Worked in school nutrition for 10 years, then Obama drove me out of that job with all the new regulations and standards that make no since and I just couldn't defend anymore. My wife is also a kinder teacher.

And I'm here to tell you, that new food is just crap. I went to the cafeteria to get lunch today: baked breaded chicken patty (still pink in the middle) on a gummy (microwaved) whole wheat bun and reduced fat Doritoes. I know kids are fat and diabetic these days (hell, I am too), but this is not the answer. Just give me the regular chicken sandwich and normal Doritoes, please. Wait, what do you mean they no longer exist?

Student teaching at the moment for music. Most days I love it and really think I've found what I should be doing finally. No matter how much those sixth grade alto sax players try to discourage me :p

Mr. Phillips - Kindergarten Teacher. You?

You and me both, buddy.

I teach EFL (English as a Foreign Language) to 2-6 year olds in a Montessori kindergarten in central China. I love it. Just wish there were a bit less BS paperwork and hoop-jumping in my day so I could play with the kids more.

Wife teaches History/Social Studies 8-12
Brother 1 and sister-in-law are Band Directors
Brother 2 is a Math teacher 7-12, Defensive Head coach for Sr High, Jr High/7th football and Softball head coach.

I teach concealed carry, does that count?

Back