Where does the seal go in an Italian bucket spigot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer021175666

Reaction score
I haven't used these - white plastic spigot with the red handle and spout piece - for years since, I started kegging. Lately, I have began fermenting in buckets so, I looked up a youtube video where the guy shows how to pop the spigot apart for cleaning. It looked simple enough but, when I popped mine apart, I found a little O-ring seal inside that he does not show in the video. It was just loose in there so I am not positive where it actually goes.
Thanks guys.

Do you mean a spigot like this? If so, there should be two washers: one goes on the inside of the bucket, against the bucket wall, and the other goes outside the bucket, also against the bucket wall.

So it should be:
spigot : o-ring : bucket : o-ring : plastic nut

1606247194484.png

Thanks cactus,
Those ARE the spigots I'm talking about but, I didn't mean the seals that attach It to the bucket. I'm talking about a 3rd seal that is inside the spigot when you disassemble it.

Thanks cactus,
Those ARE the spigots I'm talking about but, I didn't mean the seals that attach It to the bucket. I'm talking about a 3rd seal that is inside the spigot when you disassemble it.
None of my spigots like this have a 3rd seal. When i disassemble the spigot, the only parts (aside from the o-rings and nut) are the white plastic housing, and the red nozzle. Nothing else goes inside either of those pieces.

Ya. I don't remember this 3rd seal being there in any of the ones I used years ago but, I popped open the new ones I have and they all contain a translucent o-ring seal on the inside. I'm running a leak test on one right now to see if it will leak without the o-ring in it. It seems to be holding fine without it. IDK. Maybe the new ones have it just to be precautionary? Weird!

None of my spigots like this have a 3rd seal. When i disassemble the spigot, the only parts (aside from the o-rings and nut) are the white plastic housing, and the red nozzle. Nothing else goes inside either of those pieces.
Mines doesn't even have a second o-ring hahahaha never had a leak though

Back