where can I get a cheap manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F_R_O_G

Reaction score
I tried building one to do it on the cheap....learn from my mistake and just spend the money and get it from any of the brew shops.

this whole time I've been trying to figure out why exactly you would need a check valve. the only reason i can come up with is, if you carbonate with a high pressure then you serve, but this should never happen. I will just do a slow force carb and I should never get beer in my gas lines even without a check valve.

this whole time I've been trying to figure out why exactly you would need a check valve. the only reason i can come up with is, if you carbonate with a high pressure then you serve, but this should never happen. I will just do a slow force carb and I should never get beer in my gas lines even without a check valve.

No, you should never get beer in your gas lines, but it can happen, so a check valve is cheap insurance against having a witbier flow into your irish red and into your regulator.

Also, if your tank runs out, any kegs connected without check valves could de-gas until pressure equalizes and beer completely goes flat. At least that's what I was told.

No, you should never get beer in your gas lines, but it can happen, so a check valve is cheap insurance against having a witbier flow into your irish red and into your regulator.

if the check valves were "cheap" i would do it. but $60 for them is not cheap for me.

good call on the tank. I'll keep an eye out for that to

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”

Your CO2 regulator, manifold, and lines all serve a pretty important function. What's cheap now might end up costing you time and convenience if you have to make an unexpected CO2 refill run.

haha, nice quotes.

I saw some beer in my gas line after hooking up a keg, not gonna chance it...

also got some Bev-Seal Ultra Tubing since I could taste a little of the tubing. I was thinking 10 feet per line would be plenty, is this correct?

haha, nice quotes.

I saw some beer in my gas line after hooking up a keg, not gonna chance it...

also got some Bev-Seal Ultra Tubing since I could taste a little of the tubing. I was thinking 10 feet per line would be plenty, is this correct?

It all depends on your system.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/2009/0...our-kegged-beer-co2-line-length-and-pressure/

Also, I have a two 4 way manifolds with check valves and on/off. They're brand new. I also have a 5 way brass manifold that has check valves, but no on/off.

How many kegs is this system going to hold? Seems like you've got 8.

I use the 4-way manifold from Kegconnection and 1/4" LLDPE line from McMaster. Only two taps right now though.

Beer does get back up into the line a little bit when I'm force carbonating or using a 'utility' line for different stuff. Definitely not under normal operation though.

I use the morebeer manifolds. I like them because I was able to add on as money would allow. You spend way to much time brewing that sweet nectar to let this part of the set up be an issue.

I got a 2 way and a 4 way. this way I'll be able to set any of my 5 kegs to one pressure or the other.

Back