When you forget about a bad batch for 2 years.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwin

Reaction score
Ok, so I didn't forget, I just didn't get to throwing it out.
Also, it was my first bucket batch in a few years and I'm pretty sure lacto from grain got in it.
Then pedio.
The my basement biodome collapsed upon itself as it dehydrated/off gassed from 5g of second runnings to a syrup of 2 qts or so.
Notice the syrup on the top of the creature.
Needless to say, this bucket is getting tossed(I assumed the same 2 years ago).
I don't remember exactly what happened but I think the dry yeast I pitched was old, didn't take, pitched more, then smelled it and saw the ice brigade a couple of weeks later.
I know it was one of my second runnings batches which I invest little in anyway.
Thought I would share the photos anyhow.
Should I send it to bootleg?
[emoji12]
IMG_20190413_233025828_BURST003.jpeg
IMG_20190413_233006737.jpeg

Looks like the beginnings of a rudimentary brain forming in the middle there. Give it a little more time and it may become sentient. How many kids can say to their friends, "hey you may have a puppy but my Dad brewed me a pet..."

Maybe donate it to the CDC? You may have the cure to something in there....
:drunk:
Atlanta is several hours away. Would have to ship it.

USPS Worker: Does this contain alcohol, other dangerous substance, is it flammable or is it alive?
Me:Yes, yes, most likely and most definitely.

You should have put a disclaimer.....that's really gross.

and not to be a jerk - but this is why so many of us have to convince people that 'yes it's safe, no you won't get sick, no you won't go blind,' etc.

Latest posts

Back