When being jaded wears off.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
So guys and gals its been almost six months since I have brewed beer and almost four since I have logged into HBT. Nationals are coming up so my jaded attitude has faded away and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. Hope it will be like riding a bike again but we shall see.

Told myself after July I was going to take a break after winning mutiple comps and placing in nationals and finally getting a medal in the Michigan Beer Cup. My plan was three months but November 4th I totaled my car in an accident in which I walked away from healthy. Things have finally slowed down and the bug to brew has came back full force.Let's hope 2017 is another step in knowledge and great beers.:mug:

I am glad your fire has returned, but I am a bit puzzled...

You became jaded about brewing after winning several medals in competition?

I am glad your fire has returned, but I am a bit puzzled...

You became jaded about brewing after winning several medals in competition?

That is what it sounds like, isn't it? Sadly, I will never know the feeling. ;)

I'd say after all of that activity you deserve a break, J! Here's to getting back on the saddle, even if it's not your first rodeo! :mug:

Welcome back to fickle game we call brewing!

I took a four month break myself...my son was born, I lost my job, got a new job and then the holidays came around.

Brewed a Kölsch yesterday and doing an IPA tomorrow...it was like riding a bike so don't get nervous!

The medals did not jade me it was more of all the comps I entered that just made me not enjoy the process. So I have put a limit on comps this year coming up so I can just brew without deadlines looming everywhere. Brewing should be fun and I forgot that a little in 2016.

The medals did not jade me it was more of all the comps I entered that just made me not enjoy the process. So I have put a limit on comps this year coming up so I can just brew without deadlines looming everywhere. Brewing should be fun and I forgot that a little in 2016.

Ah ha! I see, it was the rigid nature of meeting deadlines.

If you enjoy comps then by all means do them as much as you want. I have never entered a single competiton in the 20 years I have been brewing as I want to drink good beer. Most of my feedback comes from my friends at my local LHBS and co workers that sample my offerings.

What I love most about this hobby/passion is that you can be lazy. Don't feel like bottling today? Wait a week or two. It's all good!

Sit down, relax and have a homebrew!

Maybe don't worry about beating other people in competition and just brew beer to enjoy it. Then again I'm not competitive, don't care if I'm better than others at things, only that I enjoy it.

You've already proven that you're good at making beer, why keep stressing yourself out repeatedly, just to do it again? What will that prove?

Ah ha! I see, it was the rigid nature of meeting deadlines.

If you enjoy comps then by all means do them as much as you want. I have never entered a single competiton in the 20 years I have been brewing as I want to drink good beer. Most of my feedback comes from my friends at my local LHBS and co workers that sample my offerings.

What I love most about this hobby/passion is that you can be lazy. Don't feel like bottling today? Wait a week or two. It's all good!

Sit down, relax and have a homebrew!

Making a yeast starter tomorrow after a six month hiatus. Never been more excited to do so.:ban:.

making two, one as I type. Kolsch and a experimental American Wheat.

Back