Wheat beer vs. my colon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highgravitybacon

Reaction score
Whew. I drank about four Sierra Nevada Kellerweis beers today. I am paying the price for it tonight. Ripping some massive gas. See, I think it's because this yeast loves the sulfur. You make a wheat beer, it's a sulfur stank in the fermenter. Soon as the yeast hits the colon, same thing. Microbe P-A-R-T-Y. Love the beer but you pay the price. It's not their beer, it's all wheat beers it seems. Something about that bready, yeasty, creamy and effervescent thing that just tears out the insides. I had to find a well ventilated room in the house to keep my marriage from falling apart.

How do you avoid this? Not drinking yummy wheat beer is the only solution not acceptable.

Until I read this, I thought I was suffering the wrath of lactose intollerance brought on by cheesy Mexican food. But I've been drinking my imperial hefeweizen a lot this weekend too.

Probably a combo I should avoid.

Until I read this, I thought I was suffering the wrath of lactose intollerance brought on by cheesy Mexican food. But I've been drinking my imperial hefeweizen a lot this weekend too.

Probably a combo I should avoid.

I ate a bunch of lasagna this weekend. Lots of cheese on it. Bad combo too.

What ? You dont enjoy the smell of your own farts ? Try some sausage and onions, and wash it down with a Belgian Witt. Then play Dutch Oven under the covers with your wife. makes for a stronger marriage

.....or a single man?!?!?!

Yep. Dark wheats are like death by asphyxiation. I once mixed a combo of Baked bean breakfast and a few homebrewed dunkels... I made myself gag that night.

Keep it up. Your system will adjust. Just think of it as consuming active and live cultures and let the masses eat yoghurt instead.

Watch out for the long rippers that seem to go on forever and just sort of tail off, sometimes their wet which can be uncomfortable if you dont have a fresh change of shorts

Latest posts

Back