What's your "Firing Squad" meal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pittsburgh salad, in Pittsburgh with all my 'real' friends that I miss so much. That with an endless supply of Dankosaurus (thanks for the addiction @hunter_la5 ) and I'll put myself down happy.

Firing squads should make a comeback.

That said, here is my meal:

Course 1:

A large plate of sliced Sopressata dried cured sausage, Landana 1000 day gouda, Hook's 15 year Cheddar, sliced ripe orange peppers and garlic pepper Triscuits.

Course 2:

2 Seared sea scallops with rosemary balsamic reduction.

Course 3:

1 bone in pan-seared pork chop with garlic/shallot pan gravy, garnished with capers and parsley.

Course 4:

Thick slice of prime rib with Au Jus and garlic mashed taters with chives and sour cream.

Course 5:

1 pint Ben & Jerry's Magic Brownies ice cream.

Course 6:

30 pack of Busch Light.

I LOVE great food. So it would have to be many many many bite-sized portions.

First course- sushi. Uni, Salmon Eggs, Sweet Shrimp, Scallops, Abalone, Toro, oysters.
Second course- aged / smoked / cured. Bacon, prosciutto, blood sausage, smoked salmon, BBQ pork rib, BBQ pork, BBQ brisket, aged parmesan, aged cheddar, aged blue, air dried duck, sourdough with butter, bratwurst.
Third course- sauces- Asparagus hollandaise, chicken mole, Lamb curry, fettuccini alfredo, egg pasta with sausage ragout, Chili-cheese fries, sweetbreads with berry sauce, pate with balsamic, guacamole, pad thai.
Fourth course- beef- Med. Rare Prime Strip bone in, Steak Tartare.
Fifth course- dessert- Chocolate mousse with raspberries, dark chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cake with Grand Marnier sauce, cranberry pudding with hard sauce, carrot cake, a chocolate shake, nerds, jelly beans, dark chocolate, sour gummies.

That's about 50 taster sized portions. Plus, a wide selection of beer tasters, white and red wines. Finish it all with 18YO Glenmorangie and some Utopias, to complement a Monte#2.

Of course, enjoyed with my family, savoring each morsel and time together.

For starters, a salad with a few hundred fresh p. semilanceata mushrooms with rucula and chocolate dressing. Then, as a main course a kilo of the finest belgian chocolates. And for dessert, a 5 kg bowl of mixed fruit: mangoes, blackberries, cantaloupe, raspberries, blood oranges, pineapples, etc. And several litres of fresh squeezed pineapple juice.

You asked.

A good Diner Pizza burger, a Brooklyn pizza slice, Rice and beans with Pork Chops, and fried sweet plantains (maduros). And for desert the same thing all over again.

Pittsburgh salad

My thought was "I bet this is just ham. No green, no nothing, this is just a fancy term for some sort of roasted pork something.".

Nope,it's steak and fries on a salad.

Sounds awesome.

I love taco salads. My guy friends are always "Really dude? A taco salad?".

Taco salad is the manliest thing ever. What's in a taco? Shell, meat, lettuce,cheese etc.

What's in a taco salad? Same thing, but much larger and often time cheaper.

I had a waitress at a Mexican food place question my sexuality once when I ordered it.

It may have had more to do with the dress and lipstick than anything else but still it caught me off guard.

Firing squads should make a comeback.

That said, here is my meal:

Course 1:

A large plate of sliced Sopressata dried cured sausage, Landana 1000 day gouda, Hook's 15 year Cheddar, sliced ripe orange peppers and garlic pepper Triscuits.

Course 2:

2 Seared sea scallops with rosemary balsamic reduction.

Course 3:

1 bone in pan-seared pork chop with garlic/shallot pan gravy, garnished with capers and parsley.

Course 4:

Thick slice of prime rib with Au Jus and garlic mashed taters with chives and sour cream.

Course 5:

1 pint Ben & Jerry's Magic Brownies ice cream.

Course 6:

30 pack of Busch Light.

Busch Light??!!! Whadaya trying to do, KILL yourself??!!

An entire 16" Pepperoni pizza from the joint I worked at most of my life. Double Whataburger, grilled onions and jalapeños, no tomatoes. 44 oz Barqs.

Beers. I have a long list. Might actually save the squad some buckets and just drink myself to death.

An entire 16" Pepperoni pizza from the joint I worked at most of my life. Double Whataburger, grilled onions and jalapeños, no tomatoes. 44 oz Barqs.

Beers. I have a long list. Might actually save the squad some buckets and just drink myself to death.

Where is that? I used to manage pizza places in Austin. I loved it.

This is the easiest question I have ever answered.

My grandmother's stuffed artichokes (two of them).

Porterhouse steak, medium rare, with sauteed shallots and oyster mushrooms on top of that. Blue lump crab meat on top of that. A tablespoon sized dollop of hollandaise sauce on top of that.

2 dozen little neck clams. 1/2 of them steamed with clarified butter, the other half raw on the half shell with lemon and cocktail sauce.

A plate with roasted red peppers, olives, roasted garlic and anchovy filets with bagets on the side.

A pickle platter including kosher dills, pickled green tomatoes, bitter melon and pickled string beans.

The pickled string beans would be the stirrers for the pitcher of bloody maries I will be pouring into my glass.

A bowl of quality bleu cheese dressing with carrot and celery sticks.

Bjork (giggity)

and last but not least, a huge bowl of shi****o peppers roasted in sea salt and olive oil.

Edit: HAHAHAHA! I can mention what I'd do to Bjork on the day of my execution, but I cant mention my favorite Japanese peppers.

Get me a big platter of steamed crab legs with lots of drawn butter. Nothing else. The good ones--blue crab from Chesapeake Bay, not the inferior crab imported from SE Asia.

I'll take a couple pounds, please.

I don't think I could ever decide, but it woudl be some combination of not fancy foods like:

Chicken Pot Pie (or rabbit)
Pizza (I'm not that picky, but I'd probably go for G&D's pizza in Cadillac, MI)
Biscuits and gravy
My school's chili
Ground Bologna Sandwiches (The schools or my wife's aunt's recipe!)
Beans (friend's family just called them beans. Could be black or pinto mix, I have no idea) covered in fried eggs with wheat toast and butter
Stuffed Cabbage between wheat bread with miracle whip and thick slice of welfare cheese.

That's it. Work's over, gotta weekend to attend to.

:mug:

As many White Castle hamburgers as I can possibly eat. And then I poop my pants right before they shoot me.

HA HA! HAVE FUN CLEANING THAT UP, JERKS! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR SHOOTING ME!

This is the easiest question I have ever answered.

My grandmother's stuffed artichokes (two of them).

Porterhouse steak, medium rare, with sauteed shallots and oyster mushrooms on top of that. Blue lump crab meat on top of that. A tablespoon sized dollop of hollandaise sauce on top of that.

2 dozen little neck clams. 1/2 of them steamed with clarified butter, the other half raw on the half shell with lemon and cocktail sauce.

A plate with roasted red peppers, olives, roasted garlic and anchovy filets with bagets on the side.

A pickle platter including kosher dills, pickled green tomatoes, bitter melon and pickled string beans.

The pickled string beans would be the stirrers for the pitcher of bloody maries I will be pouring into my glass.

A bowl of quality bleu cheese dressing with carrot and celery sticks.

Bjork (giggity)

and last but not least, a huge bowl of shi****o peppers roasted in sea salt and olive oil.

Edit: HAHAHAHA! I can mention what I'd do to Bjork on the day of my execution, but I cant mention my favorite Japanese peppers.

I too love Bjork. Thanks Beavis and Butthead. That's how I discovered she existed. They were making fun of it and all I could think was "I think I love Bjork".

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gXokNpjJUw[/ame]

But really, she's just providing entertainment while you eat right? That's what you're afraid to mention?

64 oz bone-in rib eye steak, medium rare. 1 lb lobster with butter. Served with sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus. And a case of Heady Topper.

Pizza with triple cheese.
But, I don't think I could eat it. Knowing that I'm going to be killed so soon would probably ruin my appetite.

I too love Bjork. Thanks Beavis and Butthead. That's how I discovered she existed. They were making fun of it and all I could think was "I think I love Bjork".

But really, she's just providing entertainment while you eat right? That's what you're afraid to mention?

No, I'm pretty sure it's more in line with image in the bottom right corner.

27y4yvp.jpg

I'd have to go with some spinach and artichoke dip with fresh bread, some ABT's, a couple crab cakes, a nice filet medium rare with melted blue cheese, a lobster tail, some kings crab legs, beer battered fries, and a bunch of fresh DIPAs.

And now I'm suddenly hungry...

Hmmm... I believe it would be a 2lb Maine baked stuffed lobster, Grilled prime rib, and a few cannoli. Oh and maybe my mothers rhubarb pie. I wish i knew how she made that.

Oh boy... to start wings from J-Tims tavern in Plainville, CT followed by a Caesar salad, a ridiculously rare Prime Rib with a twice baked potato and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. As for drinks, that would be difficult, but Blanton's single barrel would go real well with this meal, maybe that's the aperitif, with switchback being the meal drink.

Latest posts

Back