What's your "Firing Squad" meal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bob and I LOVE food, and always have great meals. But we have this "thing" where we think about and talk about our last meal.

Here's the scenario- it's your last meal before the firing squad tomorrow. You can have ANYTHING at all, as long as it's a "meal". It can be out of season, unrealistic, expensive, etc- that doesn't matter as long as it's something that can be procured somewhere.

Both of us choose shellfish. Mine is something like buttery garlic sauteed scallops and shrimp, gnocchi with rich putanesca sauce, and the biggest boldest amarone wine that can be found. Sometimes I want pierogi, too. That's a lot of carbs, but hey, it's a Polish comfort food and I need comfort at this point. I might skip the veggies (although I love them) for more shellfish and pasta, but I could be persuaded to have roasted asparagus with a balsamic demiglaze. I know the red sauce doesn't really "go" with the scallops and shrimp, but it's my last meal and that's what I want!

How about you?

Deep-fried jalapenos. A whole 5-gallon Ale Pail full. None of that pickled crap either, fresh ones.

They wouldn't even need the firing squad afterwards, as I would probably just eat myself to death if given the opportunity and enough fried jalapenos.

Just about anything red-dot indian that hasn't been sitting on a buffet warmer for an hour. Indian food is my guilty pleasure.

I once indulged myself so often I reeked of fenugreek for a week after being cut-off.

The biggest, fattest, juiciest, prime-est, dry-aged rib steak (yes, with the bone, thanks) seasoned with olive oil and garlic salt, grilled to rare perfection, and served with sauteed oyster mushrooms in butter and beer, a side of skin-on garlic mashed taters drowning in butter, a lovely homebrewed Porter, and for dessert, a Mt. Fuji sundae (green tea ice cream, hot fudge sauce, Mandarin oranges, and whipped cream on top) with ice-cold plum wine drizzled over it. Burp. You may fire at will.

Peking Duck, followed by roast duck, followed by pate jarred in duck fat.

I love duck.

Side of fries. I would eat them first (I always do. People say it's odd but I hate cold fries, so eat your fries first people) then proceed to spend the next few hours eating duck and making sex noises.

"Ohhh ohhh ohh this is so good.", "Don't stop the duck.", "Hey Peking Duck, you ever consider having a roast duck join us at the table?".

I really like duck...

Peking Duck, followed by roast duck, followed by pate jarred in duck fat.

I love duck.

Side of fries. I would eat them first (I always do. People say it's odd but I hate cold fries, so eat your fries first people) then proceed to spend the next few hours eating duck and making sex noises.

"Ohhh ohhh ohh this is so good.", "Don't stop the duck.", "Hey Peking Duck, you ever consider having a roast duck join us at the table?".

I really like duck...

Not a fan of duck, but duck fat fries are amazing.

I prefer lethal injection ....... after spagetti in clam olive oil garlic parsly sauce. I had it in italy once, went home fat dumb and happy!!!

Side of fries. I would eat them first (I always do. People say it's odd but I hate cold fries, so eat your fries first people)

I'm totally with you on the fry technique.

My mom's chicken with morel mushroom cream sauce and jasmine rice, laxative for a "palate" cleanser, then a giant porterhouse, rare, with my dry rub and 40 year old balsamic vinegar, a 1.5 lb lobster on the side with tons of lemons and butter and my mom's scalloped potatoes. Big badass italian red wine to go with it. Dessert would be my mom's chocolate cream pie with a 10 year old bourbon barrel aged RIS. If I don't have a heart attack from all that the firing swuad is welcome to have me

two dinosaur eggs over easy, fried bee's knees and not too greasy....sorry, old Asleep at the Wheel song.

Think I would just ask for a Double meat, double cheese, bacon WhataBurger and whole homemade apple pie....sweet ice tea of course.

Glad it's a firing squad, always wondered what it felt like to get shot.

Real southern BBQ, and I want it all: ribs (beef and pork; back, spare, short and tips), brisket, pulled pork, smoked fried chicken, cajun sausage, some sweet and spicy BBQ beans, bacon and bell pepper Mac n cheese, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, greens, and a real big glass of sweet iced tea. And if you wanna supply me with the smokers, a small kitchen , and the necessary ingredients, I'll be happy to make all of that myself - that way I can make sure it's all done right - so moist and flavorful from the spices and rubs that you don't even need any sauce!

Of course, if any of you happen to be scheduled to go the same day as me and you'd like to partake, I can certainly whip up some good sauces for you too ;)

Man, it may be time to pay the fella at the firewood yard a visit, I've got one helluva craving all the sudden.

EDIT: for dessert, some fresh out of the oven Apple pie a la mode! Although this I would prefer someone else to make. While I have real confidence in my ability to smoke meat and mix up the ingredients for the sides, my baking abilities aren't what I'd call the best choice for a last meal.

Last edited:
I told Bob I asked this question (great answers, BTW!) and he said, "Did you tell them mine?"

so by request (Bob), Bob's last meal:

"I want fresh mussels and clams in a white wine broth. Then I want dungeness crab and maine lobster steamed with melted butter. For my side dishes, I want a stir fry of fresh garden asparagus, snow peas, carrots and wild oyster mushrooms. Then, I want authentic Polish pieorgies (Lorena's), first boiled and then fried gently in sweet onions in bacon fat. For a refreshment, I want NY Finger Lakes dry riesling, in unlimited quantities.

For dessert, I want real vanilla ice cream (with the real vanilla bean in it), drizzled with melted dark chocolate and fresh raspberries.

Then I want a mug of freshly ground Columbian coffee with a small snifter of cognac aside.

Then you can fire at will.

Real southern BBQ, and I want it all: ribs (beef and pork; back, spare, short and tips), brisket, pulled pork, smoked fried chicken, cajun sausage, some sweet and spicy BBQ beans, bacon and bell pepper Mac n cheese, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, greens, and a real big glass of sweet iced tea. And if you wanna supply me with the smokers, a small kitchen , and the necessary ingredients, I'll be happy to make all of that myself - that way I can make sure it's all done right - so moist and flavorful from the spices and rubs that you don't even need any sauce!

Of course, if any of you happen to be scheduled to go the same day as me and you'd like to partake, I can certainly whip up some good sauces for you too ;)

Man, it may be time to pay the fella at the firewood yard a visit, I've got one helluva craving all the sudden.

EDIT: for dessert, some fresh out of the oven Apple pie a la mode! Although this I would prefer someone else to make. While I have real confidence in my ability to smoke meat and mix up the ingredients for the sides, my baking abilities aren't what I'd call the best choice for a last meal.

OMG- I forgot BBQ!

I have to say that the brisket from City Market in Luling, TX and the pork ribs from Black's in Lockhart, TX are to die for.

We could take "to die for" here literally, and maybe make that my last meal. I can't believe I forgot great BBQ!

I've spoken about this often with my wife....I would go with the following:

A slice of my Moms Lasagna with a piece of Grandma's meatloaf with my wife's Mac and cheese. Then for desert a piece of my Aunt's cheesecake with a piece of my wife's honey cake and wash it all down with a sweet stout...at that point I'm taking on the firing squad!

Would have to be shell fish with shrimp, blue crab, oysters, and a ton of seared scallops, with all the usual sides. Damn, I need to move closer to a coast!!

An entire fried chicken, with real gravy made from the drippings on mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, yeast rolls, extra-sweet iced tea, and a hot-milk layer cake with chocolate frosting.

:eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar:

Or Lombardi's pizza... or baby-back ribs... or...

(oh, this could go on forever...)

Glad it's a firing squad, always wondered what it felt like to get shot.
It hurts, seriously it really fu*kin hurts.

A crawfish boil with all the trimmings (and they have to be in season). Sides of grill roasted corn, okra, Vidalia onions and potatoes. For dessert my grandma Scotties short bread cookies and my wife's flour less brownies. Finish it off with a good Cuban and a tumbler of Don Julio 1942 tequila.
Shoot me again, I'm done.

I would have a well seasoned tomahawk rib steak, cooked rare, and drizzled with truffle butter. Since it is my last meal and I can gorge... I'd also want a grilled lobster tail on a bed of already peeled king crab meat (why bother with the work? :p) With garlic roasted red potatoes and asparagus as my veg.

To drink I would like a nice brown ale.

I've never been much for deserts, but why not.. I'll take a nice molten chocolate cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. And I'll take a full wine glass of an ancient port. I don't want a wimpy port glass for my last meal lol

by the end of this meal, I should be in enough of a food coma to die happy :)

My last meal would be my own country style pork ribs, on the grill, with at least an hour of hickory smoke. I have to prepare the ribs for grilling myself and oversee the cooking.

Since this would be by last meal, forced in some way I suppose, I'll leave the ribs frozen in the freezer and cook something, other than my last meal, for another hundred years.

Carnitas burrito smothered in HOT green chili, steak taco, smothered pork tamale, and green chili cheese fries. With dinner I want a good cream ale or german lager. For dessert I want two buttermilk cake donuts, one applesauce glazed and one with vanilla white icing. Along with 2 scoops of cherry ice cream and a milk stout.

mine would be a seafood cocktail for entree,prime rib eye cooked to about medium with a few large BBQ prawns,and garlic butter on top,with small salad with red onions,cos lettuce,cucumber and balsamic dressing,dessert a nice sticky date pudding with ice cream and fresh cream.to drink with this i would like a bottle of a nice 25 year or older single malt whiskey.

mine would be a seafood cocktail for entree,prime rib eye cooked to about medium with a few large BBQ prawns,and garlic butter on top,with small salad with red onions,cos lettuce,cucumber and balsamic dressing,dessert a nice sticky date pudding with ice cream and fresh cream.to drink with this i would like a bottle of a nice 25 year or older single malt whiskey.

That sounds pretty good!

Crayfish (lobster) tails finished on the grill with garlic and herb butter followed by a full rack of pork ribs and grilled corn. Make be a side of steak. maybe a pot of mussels

I'd like to eat at Sukiyabashi Jiro in Tokyo, stuffing myself with every type of sushi there is. With at least some made by Jiro himself. In between plates, I'd like to have the finest Beer, wine mead & ciders in the world. Fresh bilberries & the very best vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert. With dessert being served by a scantily clad & very accommodating Renee Olstead.
If I didn't eat myself to death, drink myself to death, or die during sex, then have at it & make it a quick, clean kill. Then feed my corpse (sans bullets) to the bears in Yellowstone.
Regards, GF.

Schweine haxe sauerkraut and kloße with a rauchbier @ Schlenkerla in Bamberg.

IMG-20150612-WA0004.jpg

That's an easy one, but I'm afraid I'll get banned if I put it in.
Think of another name for KittyKat. I'd eat that all night and then they'd shoot me with a smile on my face.

Wish i could say i would choose something exotic...but when i think about my favorite food i always go to a really awesome cheeseburger. Not fast food trash but a really nice restaurant style cheeseburger along with some shoestring fries.

Oh, and also really nothing most people would be crazy over, but some ghiradelli brownies and vanilla ice cream. Give me that meal and i will step in the firing line with a smile and a fat belly.

My grandmothers summer squash. I could almost kill a man to get to eat that again.

I am with many of the others when saying a high quality, well aged, perfectly marbled and grilled up rare/medium rare cut of beef. So tender you can cut it with the wrong side of the knife. This beef alongside a fresh rare tuna steak and shrimp.

I think I would also like to throw in some fugu (the blowfish that if prepared wrong will kill you) since I am on my way to my death after all.

Then just to be an ass I would ask for a 12 pack comprised of all the best white whale beers from around the world (properly cellared and aged dependent on the beer, and properly transported) to wash it down with.

Carne Adovada enchilladas wrapped in blue corn tortillias covered in green chile sauce (lil place outside of Tijeras New Mexico.) One of everything on the menu of Magic Kitchen Thai restaurant and to know the secret peanut sauce recipe.
Followed with a "side" of what madscientist was talkin bout

Either 3 eggs over medium, white toast, crispy bacon, burnt homefries

Or

grilled cheese and tomato soup, with the soup made with milk not water.

Juevos rancheros would be good too, but I'm sure they'd screw it up.

Latest posts

Back