What's your favorite IPA recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're all wonderful recipes but the Treehouse Julius clone has been winning vs the Alchemist Heady Topper and Focal Banger clones here.
I just did another 10 gallon batch of Julius to account for how fast it moves out :)

Cheers!

They're all wonderful recipes but the Treehouse Julius clone has been winning vs the Alchemist Heady Topper and Focal Banger clones here.
I just did another 10 gallon batch of Julius to account for how fast it moves out :)

Cheers!

Which recipe are you using. My huge sack of YVH arrived Friday. Thanks

Just tapped a Pliny the Younger clone (published recipe) from my Grainfather. High gravity recipes get a little harder to get good efficiency with the Grainfather. To get better attenuation, I added a 1/4 tsp of amylase enzyme to the wort. Also added extra O2 once fermentation started in earnest. Came out to 1.008, super dry! :ban:

Which recipe are you using. My huge sack of YVH arrived Friday. Thanks

I'm using this recipe which is the same as
this one which actually appears in numerous sites around the interwebs.

Don't know how faithful it is to the original but it's pretty damned tasty!
I've alternated between 1318 and Imperial Barbarian and this last 10 gallons I split between the two...

Cheers!

Zombie dust grain bill is just about perfect mouthfeel and color while experimenting with different hops always makes a great beer
Simcoe mosaic centennial citra cascade are my go to hop blends

20170129_161309_resized.jpg

BlindPig - ish :mug:

OG: 1.059
FG: 1.010
ABV: 6.4%
6 Gallons
~~~~~~~~~
11.5lbs 2-Row
8oz CaraPils
6oz C40
4oz Wheat
Mash @ 151*
~~~~~~~~~
1oz - CTZ @ 60
.75oz Amarillo @ 15
1/2 oz Cascade, Centennial @ 0(flameout)
1oz: Simcoe, Amarillo @ 0 (add once I bring down to 165-155f*) whirlpool for 25-30m // continue chilling to pitching temp!
Dry Hop:
1oz - Centennial, Cascade, & Amarillo (4days)
1.5oz - CTZ(2days)

WLP001 Cali Ale

I tried a rye IPA at a tap room in Sacramento. It’s on my to-brew list.

Just made a Chinook IPA that is at the bottom of the IPA IBU scale(42IBU), from the hydrometer samples as I kegged tonight it is a keeper! Nota huge fan of the over the top super hopped IPA's so wanted something easy drinking... simple recipe...

Pilsner malt, Flaked Wheat, CaraPils and Cane Sugar ( Dextrose )

CaCl2:MgSO4 / 155:130

Mash temp.: 154.4-155F ( 68C)
SRM: 4
ABV: 8-9%
IBUs: 60
OG: 1.077 - 1.087
FG: 1.016 - 1.018
6 oz hops for boil and whirlpool
12.5 oz for dry hopping

Columbus/Citra/Galaxy
Columbus/Ella/Vic Secret
Columbus/Enigma/Loral
Columbus/Topaz/Denali

Or any other combination of piney and highly fruitty/aromatic hops.

Back