What's your favorite drive-through burger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If yall ever make it to Birmingham, Al for any reason, you must go by Milo's and get a cheeseburger, fries, and a sweet tea.

megameallarge.jpg

They sprinkle popcorn salt on their fries and the hamburger is served with a kind of gravy that's fantastic. The sweet tea is so good that they sell it in all the supermarkets down here by the gallon.

I'll have to pass on all of them. Nothing beats a hand made burger on a charcoal grill with Cabot cheese swmbo's grilled fries and several homebrews.

In-n-out is at the top of my list. Just a single with cheese. Very fresh and the fries are cut moments before they are tossed in the cooker. Not available around here. If there are any non-megachain drive-throughs in this area, they are well hidden.

The Monkey house in Mac doesn't have a drive-though, but they are the best local burger stand I've found.

I've seen them frozen in the supermarket, but I didn't want to try them until I had the real thing. You add any seasonings or anything to the burgers?

Nope. Just put the burgers on the griddle frozen and a dash of salt. At the back I start the sweet Onions grilling and then set the buns open face down over the Onions. When the burgers are nigh to being done just put them on the bun, a 1/4 square of yellow American and two small pickle slices. The trick is finding the right buns. Certain types of dinner rolls can suffice, that's what I use.

There is a hole in the wall Onion burger joint about 4 miles from me with the best sweet, spicy, mustard slaw I have yet to taste.

Usually I go in there and order a half pound of mustard slaw on top of a double onion double burger. Bteween the juice from the slaw and the grease from teh burger it's hard to tell what is what but, dang it's good.

Now if onlty the bastid who runs it would let me bring my own beer......

Otherwise, it's whatabooger for me too. Cause it's the only one that IS english speaking and NOT on every corner.

Damn dude, Fat Mo's looks slammin! I love ratty greasy joints like that :D

Indeed. Their #1 combo meal is a 27 oz burger with sauteed onions, mushrooms, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and jalapenos. Yes, the friggin' #1 combo.

Never had it though...just the simple cheeseburger is hard to knock off in one sitting.

Only thing around me is Wendy's, McDonald's and Burger King. I don't like any of them.

I'd have to say In-N-Out was by far the best fast food burger I've had. I visited San Fran two years ago.

Here in NYC it's either secret burger joint (tm)

or Big nicks. Check out the 'SUMO' burger

but for national chains, I have to side with the In-N-Out crew. Too bad there's none on the east coast. (and they won't sell a franchise out here. We've seriously tried to get them to let us open one.)
But when i'm really really druck nothing beats a greasy Jack in the box.

If you don't have a White Castle in your state, look up Crystals. It's like the Rallys/Checkers. Same thing, diff name.

B

Here we also have the Heart Attack Grill.
Nothin' like a Quadruple Bypass Burger, Flatliner Fries, and a Jolt Cola.
Finish off with a sexy nurse to wheel you back to your car.:ban:

No fair! I was going to post that, but my clogged arteries not effecting my eyesight YET, noticed the phrase "DRIVE-THRU"

Mmmmmmmmmm, can I have a nurse to go?????

2387897598_fd34f52d2f.jpg

In N Out has to be one of the most overhyped restaurants I've ever been to. I live in Colorado and heard from several people that they were awesome. So I'm out visiting my grand parents in CA a few years ago, and decide I should try it. It wasn't terrible, but it was definately not impressive. It was just a burger and some fries. It was plain and ordinary.

I'm trying to cut back on the fast food lately, but I do like a good Burger King double whopper with cheese, or almost any burger from Carl's Jr.

Ahh you know. This inspired me to go to 5-Guys for a burger today.

5-guys is simply amazing, but not drive through (at least not around here)

I can't believe no one has said they slum for a sackful of Krystal burgers. I definitely pick up a sackful on the annual golf trip - then spend the night on the crapper - but Gawd I love those little burgers.

And, once I ordered a Monster Thick Burger from Hardees, just because.

I have to say that I agree with Tankard, In N' Out Burger is the best thing to ever happen to the drive through, or fast food period.

I'm not saying that I will never have another drive-thru burger again in my life. I've had plenty in the past, but never yet been back to the same places again. So far every single drive-thru burger has ranged somewhere between "Not good" to "Doggy poo in a bun"

I do like a decent restaurant burger though, but a good steak is better value.

Had Whattaburger once when I was out of town, around here though for drive through I'd go with the bacon cheese champ from Checkers. We do however have 5 Guys. While not drive through, they have downright AWESOME burgers. They always win local awards and stuff. Burgers, fries, and dogs - that's ALL they serve. Five Guys Burgers and Fries

5-guys is simply amazing, but not drive through (at least not around here)

I can't believe no one has said they slum for a sackful of Krystal burgers. I definitely pick up a sackful on the annual golf trip - then spend the night on the crapper - but Gawd I love those little burgers.

And, once I ordered a Monster Thick Burger from Hardees, just because.

Hey crap, I didn't realize it was a drive-thru discussion. Yeah all we have for that is McD, BK, Wendys, and I think there is still a Backyard Burgers but they are ho-hum.

No fair! I was going to post that, but my clogged arteries not effecting my eyesight YET, noticed the phrase "DRIVE-THRU"

Mmmmmmmmmm, can I have a nurse to go?????

2387897598_fd34f52d2f.jpg

Wow. I thought he was kidding. We need one of them here. :D

Either a Double Double sans onions and special sauce, plus ketchup and mustard from In-n-Out.

or a Super Sonic Cheeseburger with Mustard from Sonic.

In and out is by far the most efficient place to eat. Their menu is simple, but that's because they do one thing great... Make an excellent burger. Their fries are pretty good, too. If you're a regular, than you prbably know about all of the things you can order that aren't on the menu, such as, animal style burger,etc...

In and out is by far the most efficient place to eat. Their menu is simple, but that's because they do one thing great... Make an excellent burger. Their fries are pretty good, too. If you're a regular, than you prbably know about all of the things you can order that aren't on the menu, such as, animal style burger,etc...

I ordered a 4x4 one drunken night......threw up all over the parking lot.:drunk:

I am a Jack in the box "jumbo Jack with cheese; no ketchup" fan.. I haven't lived in a place where they have JIB for 5 yrs, so probably skewed perception. I did have a Carl's jr. $6 burger the other day in Colorado Springs that was awesome.. but no CJ on East Coast.. Whataburger is also a favorite but I can only get those when I travel to Texas on Business.

Wataburger for me. I love that place at 2am after a "night out." :ban: Oh, Alamo that picture of wataburger you posted. Is that the one on violet in Calallen? Looks like it. I went to HS at Calallen.

Burgerville in the Oregon area.
Best jalapeno burger is at Chicken Oil Co. in College Station, TX
Whataburger and Sonic jalapeno burgers are a fav as well.

Just tried a burger at "The Habit", a local hamburger chain around the central coast of California.

Imagine a larger, greasier version of the double double. I had a huge hamburger hangover about an hour after I ate the thing. What an ass-kicker... It wasn't better than the double double though.

My wife is Canadian and we travel a lot. I've been to many of the places in this post but the best drive thru burger place I've ever been to is in Orillia Ontario Canada called Paul Webers. It's located on the side of Highway 11. You literally pull off onto the shoulder of the highway to enter. I thought my wife was kidding when she said the lines are sometimes 60-80 people long, until we pulled in one day and the line was past the end of the parking lot. They've been doing it a long time so they get you through very very quickly.

header_hwy11_2.jpg

+1 for In & Out.
But if you're ever in LA, give a Tommy's chili burger a try. You might want to pick up a little pepto afterward, but it's worth it.

anatomy.gif

+1 for In & Out.
But if you're ever in LA, give a Tommy's chili burger a try. You might want to pick up a little pepto afterward, but it's worth it.

anatomy.gif

Let me tell you from experience, having a "little pepto" is the understatement of the year. I have eaten there twice and each time my bowels protested in a major way. Eventually I had to give them what they wanted... no more Tommy's.

Back