What's your favorite drive-through burger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
So, whats your fav drive through burger? Is there a story of why it's your fav? If you can post pics!

Well, I don't really have a story but Whataburger is my favorite drive-thru burger. I guess it's because Corpus is where it began and they're on EVER freakin' street corner in this town....

My normal is a #2 (double burger) with cheese, no tomatoes, and jalepanios.

whataburger.jpg

Oh, and their buildings ROCK!
random010.jpg

And THE BEAST, Triple Meat Triple Cheese....I've only gotten it once and SWMBO was PISSED at me but.....it was soooooo good. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't have a number....you HAVE to ask for it by name.

triplecheesetriplemeat.jpg

Whataburger001.jpg

Ok, one last reason of why I love them....their advertising.

[youtube]SbCiOkcAo0I[/youtube]

In-N-Out.....it was...OK imo. I'm not sure what it was, but I just wasn't a huge fan. I think it was because it had been hyped up SOOO much that i was expecting some awesome burger. I'd try it again though I guess. (don't they only serve mayo on their burgers? I'm not a mayo kinda guy)

White Castle....there aren't any around but I do like sliders :D

545-IN-N-OUT-BURGER-ED.jpg

Walter Sobchak: He lives in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-and-Out Burger...
The Dude: The In-and-Out Burger is on Camrose.
Walter Sobchak: Near the In-and-Out Burger...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly I can only enjoy In-N-Out when I'm out west. Good burgers. Especially after you give notes and before you go brace the kid (who should be a push over).

I like Wendy's. You can see them cramming hunks of beef into the grinder. It actually tastes like cow.

Ahhhh, In N Out! Makes me hate the chicken of which I am about to partake!

Oh, lest we not forget the Secret Menu (Not so secret anymore)

Make sure to click on the "20 X 20" in the "links" section. Yes, for all you organic malt brewing, Birckenstock wearing vegan woosies, that 20 BEEF patties with 20 slices of 100% real processed God bless American cheese!
Well, if you have the strength to click on it!

Meat Fest

Unfortunately I find these disgusting products addictive...

white_castle.jpg

We have no White Castles around here, so when we were in Ohio this summer, we made sure to partake (it's dumb, but we both *loved* Harold & Kumar, the best stupid comedy of at least the past ten years).

OMFG, it's a pretty good thing that there aren't any around here... I don't think they were exaggerating when they ordered fifty of those things. Those little things :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I understand now why the movie wouldn't have made any sense if they said they were craving a Whopper or something.....

I loathe fast food...but it's so yummy, especially after knocking back a few cold ones.

It's a toss up between the Baconator from Wendy's or the Double Stacker from BK. Both are positively gross, yet quite tasty. Stop by McD's on the way home for some of their completely unnatural, addictive fries.

If there were a White Castle or In and Out nearby, I'm sure I'd change my tune.

In-and-Out here in the West.

Steak and Shake in the Mid-west.

The White Castles seem like a good idea at 2 AM, but the price to be payed the next day is just too much.

SWMBO and I hit up a Steak and Shake outside of Austin....it was pretty good, I'd go again.

What no Whataburgers in Hell Rio Yuri???

bvusa.jpg

I always get the Double Beef Cheeseburger. The ONLY fastfood I eat.

EDIT - I lied, I will occasionally go to dick's after a night of drinking and get a Dick's Deluxe.
dicks.jpg

for me it's either a double 1/4 pounder with cheese from McDonalds, or a Junior Bacon Cheese burger from Wendy's. On a really special occasion we go to Burger King when we visit the city. That's a real treat to get a Whopper with Cheese.

fatburger.jpg

Fat Burger out does In N' Out and they are in Colorado. Best burger. Before they came to Colorado my son would make a run to Vegas to bring them back to me. They are fantastic.

for me it's either a double 1/4 pounder with cheese from McDonalds, or a Junior Bacon Cheese burger from Wendy's. On a really special occasion we go to Burger King when we visit the city. That's a real treat to get a Whopper with Cheese.

Wouldn't you rather have a Royale with Cheese?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLtwFugudZE]YouTube - Pulp Fiction - Royal with Cheese[/ame]

Steak and Shake doesn't do anything for me. I'd gladly trade them for In-N-Out.

A Whopper with cheese is pretty damned good also.

I don't eat beef anymore, but my favorite drive-through cheeseburger is Wendy's.

Here we also have the Heart Attack Grill.
Nothin' like a Quadruple Bypass Burger, Flatliner Fries, and a Jolt Cola.
Finish off with a sexy nurse to wheel you back to your car.:ban:

I've never been to any of these heavenly places you all are talking about. :(

I'm a huge fast food junkie though. I LOVE cheeseburgers. My "usual" lunch at work is 2 McD's Double Cheeseburgers and 1 McD's McChicken with pickle.

But my real true loves are, in order:
1) BK's Triple Whopper w/ Cheese
2) Wendy's Baconator
3) BK's Triple Stacker, hold the sauce.

a close 4th is Hardee's Jalapeno Bacon Double Cheeseburger, but the closest Hardee's is an hour away.

Now... if we're leaving the drive-thru element out of this, then I have a very simple answer for you.

Royal Red Robin burger. Hands down.

*drools*

Now I gotta go find cheeseburgers. I'm stahvin.

We have no White Castles around here, so when we were in Ohio this summer, we made sure to partake (it's dumb, but we both *loved* Harold & Kumar, the best stupid comedy of at least the past ten years).

OMFG, it's a pretty good thing that there aren't any around here... I don't think they were exaggerating when they ordered fifty of those things. Those little things :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I understand now why the movie wouldn't have made any sense if they said they were craving a Whopper or something.....

Every so often SWMBO and I do a "Harold and Kumar" night. I replicate the burgers and we watch the film :D I take ground beef and press it into a sheet pan about just under 1/2" thick, freeze it then cut it into squares. I don't put the ventilation holes in them, but I probably could find a tear shaped cutter for that. I leave them frozen in a bag, and when I get the craving we go for it.

Here we also have the Heart Attack Grill.
Nothin' like a Quadruple Bypass Burger, Flatliner Fries, and a Jolt Cola.
Finish off with a sexy nurse to wheel you back to your car.:ban:

You know, fries cooked in tallow is just plain amazing. :D That's why McDonald's developed a flavoring agent to mimic tallow that they put in all their fries.

Every so often SWMBO and I do a "Harold and Kumar" night. I replicate the burgers and we watch the film :D I take ground beef and press it into a sheet pan about just under 1/2" thick, freeze it then cut it into squares. I don't put the ventilation holes in them, but I probably could find a tear shaped cutter for that. I leave them frozen in a bag, and when I get the craving we go for it.

I've seen them frozen in the supermarket, but I didn't want to try them until I had the real thing. You add any seasonings or anything to the burgers?

Back