What's your favorite beer name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:

Wow.

Bump for Delirium Tremens, and some good local counter culture brews:
  • Polygamy Porter Why have just one
  • Polygamy Pale Ale
  • Latter Day Stout
  • Rockwell Porter (Infamous Mormon gunslinger of the 1800s)

I lived in Alta for 5 years, and I dearly miss Uinta Brewing's Anniversary Barleywine. Rarely do I speak ill of any beers from Sierra Nevada, but the Anniversary BW kicked SN Bigfoot's arse! My wife and I might take a trip to Moab in September, and I'll be sure to stock up!

BTW, when I was out there, there was a big to-do about some Polygamy Porter billboards that the government (read: church) made them take down! The government (church) is the main reason we got the hell out of that state. We sure do miss the 500+ inches of powder though!

Rouge Yellow Snow IPA

Woodstock Inn Pigs Ear Brown Ale

Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale

Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barelywine

Cape Ann Fisherman's Ale (Kolsch stye)

I remember buying sixers of "Redneck Ale" maybe 15 years ago. The label had a plaid shirt and overalls and the slogan was "suck on a redneck" or something like that. I can't seem to find any pics online, but from searching, it seems like what I remember was a beer from Shenandoah Brewing Company made for Dr Dremo's pub in Arlington, VA.

Dieu du Ciel Brasserie in Montreal has a few good ones.
Corne Du Diable IPA (horn of the devil)
Peche Mortel (mortal sin) Imperial Coffee Stout

From Great Basin Brewing:

Ichthyosaur IPA, named after Nevada's state fossil.

In use, it's, "give me an Icky!"

Well this one is for my first all grain batch. It is wicked and dangerous.
''Hopicidal Maltiac''. I am so enamored of it that I will make it my sig line for awhile.

Michelob amber bock

Smoothness, deep-dark color and a roasted malt taste that finishes clean are the hallmarks of this distinctive brew.
Brewed using 100-percent malt—including dark-roasted black and caramel malts and all-imported hops—Michelob AmberBock has a unique, rich amber color and smooth, full-bodied taste.

abv malts hops recommended glassware beer category style
5.2 2-Row, Caramel and Black European grown Hallertau, Tettnang, and Select Tulip American Style Dark Lager/European-Style Dunkel

Would love to clone it.

+1 for Skullsplitter

I can't believe no one has given due genuflection to Modus Hoperandi

Unibroue Terrible

Nøgne Ø Dark Horizon

All of the Avery 'Demons of Ale' series (Samael Ale, Mephistopheles Stout, The Beast)

I think Sweetwater had a beer called Donkey Punch now that is a very provocative name. In fact may of the sweetwater names are a bit over the top.

Yeah, they even had to shorten it to DP it was so provocative. They also have, Wet Dream, Big Old Belgian Blue Balls, Happy Ending, and Motor Boat.

My Brother in law is moving to NZ on the 18th, for 8 months. I'm trying to figure out my finances so I can visit while he's there, but unfortunately it probably wont work out. SWMBO just quit her job last week.

From above: Hazed and Confused.
Keeping it musical: Bitches Brew.

Great name and my current favorite (if temporary) brew: Magnum IP.

la-vache-folle-21354671.jpg

Back