What's the most you've dry hopped with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
My Pliny the Elder clone calls for 5oz of dry hops and I have an extra 1oz of hops I'm thinking about adding. Is 6oz of hops way too much for a 5 gal batch?

My pliny clone was the most I dryhopped with also. Mine was 2.5 gal though,and I didnt use the full amount to dryhopp either just because I didnt want left over hops or didnt have enough also I didnt hit my OG or abv-even close, so it was more fitting to add less. It was and still is plenty good to me. I would like to make a Maharja clone though-almost 9 oz DH!

My pliny clone was the most I dryhopped with also. Mine was 2.5 gal though,and I didnt use the full amount to dryhopp either just because I didnt want left over hops or didnt have enough. It was and still is plenty good to me. I would like to make a Maharja clone though-almost 9 oz DH!

I've never DH with more than 3oz before. This beer will be fun to make. I'm getting all the hops divided up now for the boil tonight. It's a 90 min boil with 9oz of hops. Gonna be a fun night :drunk:

I am gonna dry hop the Brewing Classic Styles imperial IPA with 8oz for 6 gallons in a couple days (it already has 12oz). I did the farmouse hops pliny kit a few years ago, that had a bunch too.

Back