What's the best carboy brew jacket heater?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverDie

Reaction score
Most of them look severely under-watted. I need one that can heat a 5 gallon carboy from room temp up to around 95F.

I have only had it a short time. Have to date used it 3 times. Yes it is a bit flimsy and I think the wires / electric connections will likely be the first place it fails. With a little care I'm hopeful will last. To store it I use a scrap piece of 3" PVC with end caps, loosely role it up and place it, the temp well and the controller inside the PVC.

I have only had it a short time. Have to date used it 3 times. Yes it is a bit flimsy and I think the wires / electric connections will likely be the first place it fails. With a little care I'm hopeful will last. To store it I use a scrap piece of 3" PVC with end caps, loosely role it up and place it, the temp well and the controller inside the PVC.

I'm considering getting that. I'd be moving it from one fermentor to another, depending on what's brewing, so durability is a concern. Have you thought about reinforcing the connections with epoxy or something?

Hadnt thought about reinforcing them with epoxy. Good idea, then maybe cover it all with that wire connector shrink wrap stuff. Great idea. Thanks for the tip!

Back