Whats the best brew pub area in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're able to go up the coast, that would make for an awesome trip. Taking the PCH all the way up, you'll go through a lot of major cities, see a lot of nice scenery, and hit a lot of nice brewing areas. Starting in San Diego where there's a ton of stuff, there's a few places in LA/Orange County (The Bruery is the only one really worth hitting IMO), then Firestone in Paso Robles in the Central Coast, another big cluster of breweries in San Francisco, Russian River, North Coast and Lost Coast up the northern Cali Coast, then you could hit Portland and Seattle. I actually plotted a really similar trip, but I don't think I'll have the time to do it when I go to Seattle in the fall.

That trip has the advantage of being not only great for beer but also just hitting a lot of great sights.

Just to comment on this...there are a few more breweries & brewpubs along the way between OC and Paso worth drinking. Off the top of my head you've got: Strand Brewing, Blue Plams, Eagle Rock, Craftsman, Ladyface, TAPS, and even Karl Strauss is starting to put out some much better beers lately.

those maps and maxim links were bs.....a link on medals shows nothing. Maxim mag is horrible, besides the chics it a metro sexual ad mag.
MN, WI, and MI combined you can have one damn good time traveleing around there to breweries and brew pubs

For the size of the area it seems that the Twin Cities are kind of light on brew pubs. There's a few good ones but the volume is pretty limited. I'd like to see more of them around the area, maybe someday I can contribute to that! ;)

Back