What's next on your Brewgenda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling a Zombiedust clone tomorrow then waiting a few weeks for my Surly bender clone to finish out.

During this time I am going to start researching and formulating some new original recipes. Getting a bit bored with kids but I'm still dialing in my equipment.

m00ps Sunny D will be my second brew of 2016..

Nice, hope it turns out well. Coincidentally, it will be mine too. It was supposed to be the first, but FedEx delayed shipment on the hops. Stupid flooding. Looks like I'll just have to go with a saison...

Just picked up supplies for a Red IPA using amarillo hops

What's the Red IPA recipe? Been on the search for a good one.

Nice, hope it turns out well. Coincidentally, it will be mine too. It was supposed to be the first, but FedEx delayed shipment on the hops. Stupid flooding. Looks like I'll just have to go with a saison...

Out of curiosity and laziness from looking it up myself, what's the cost for the hop bill for that recipe? Most of the hops in it I don't keep in bulk. Funny thing is even if they were kept in bulk, it isn't bulk compared to the amount needed for this recipe. Would clean me out!

Well, Tac, next on the ol' Michigan Wolfman's brewgenda is to bottle up the batch of Adventures In Homebrewing Frozen Flames Steam Beer that is currently fermenting in my brewbucket. Due to a noticeable lack of storage space for the moment, I'm stuck brewing and drinking one batch at a time. After I've polished off the steam beer, I'm thinking very seriously about brewing up a porter. I sampled some Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter at the store last night and loved the flavor, so I picked up a six pack for later tonight. Another little side project on my brewgenda is pricing out a set up for all grain brewing. I was thinking of purchasing a Grainfather for $799 at my LHBS, but after browsing their website and crunching the numbers, I discovered I can purchase everything I would need for a BIAB set up for right around $420. :mug:

Out of curiosity and laziness from looking it up myself, what's the cost for the hop bill for that recipe? Most of the hops in it I don't keep in bulk. Funny thing is even if they were kept in bulk, it isn't bulk compared to the amount needed for this recipe. Would clean me out!

I use Farmhouse brewing supply to get most of my hops, with an occasional big order from Yakima. Farmhouse does 4oz and 1lb packs so it works out much cheaper than youd expect. The 4oz packs are usually $4-6 with very new or scarce hops climbing towards $7 or so. Their 1lb prices are good too. I'd guess the hops for the recipe I posted would run a bit under $30, not including shipping.

Expensive, but worth it IMO to at least try it once. I don't even want to start calculating this newest one that Im waiting on the shipment...

edit: BTW PM me you address, I lost it

I am looking at a clone recipe of Avery's "Ellie's Brown Ale" but I have a big bag of "experimental" hops I got from a member here so I need to make a pale ale with those... or maybe a rye IPA...
1xpq8
1xpjb

If you find one let me know...I love that beer.

Okay, I've decided to see if that Mason jar of Wyeast 1762 in the fridge is still alive. If it is, I'll brew a patersbier with it in a week or so (if not, I'll brew something else)

gonna try to keep the momentum going with an Irish red ale...need to buy more bottles tho, or at least get to drinking some of what I've got!

Doing a partigyle tomorrow of a RIS and a milk stout tomorrow as well as starting a strawberry acai melomel, hopefully my new years hangover allows for all of it.

Happy New Years and brew day all! You guys have a lot of awesome stuff in the pipeline! Great thread to read over and get motivated and new ideas!

On my Brewgenda for 2016:

a) Possibly get an SS Tech Brewbucket (still waiting on SS to answer my FB request for box dimensions);
b) Do two clones of beers I love: Hitachino Nest Wit and Sapporo Stout.

Other than that, I'm moving in the summer, so I have to plan around that.

I had every intention to do an el dorado/lemondrop ipa over the holidays and life just got in the way. Hoping next weekend is better

I had every intention to do an el dorado/lemondrop ipa over the holidays and life just got in the way. Hoping next weekend is better
stone delicious clone?

also, you arent doing it right. brewing should be the one getting in the way of your life

My dad, my regular brew partner, has stuff for the next 5 beers lined up. A bock, Vienna lager, Oktoberfest, a Belgian Wit, and a raspberry wheat.

Awesome guys! I've decided I just need to win the lottery, build my dream, all electric, 20+ gallon brew set up and live happily ever after lol. There's so many beers I want to brew!

Thinking of brewing the cream of 3 crops or the centennial blonde for a cheap easy drinker. Anyone know if I could use safale-04 in any of these?

I have never made CO3C, but S04 seems to be a fine substitute in the Blonde.

Perfect! I've just been learning how to wash my own yeast and all that jazz.

Know most folks don't mess with washing dry yeast but, hey, 4 bucks is 4 bucks.

Thanks Slym!

Thanks Slym!

i always wash yeast. I really only buy yeast if im trying a new recipe

Just put 5.25 gallons of Raspberry Wheat in the fermentation chamber. While brewing I had a Guinness and thought to myself, "I haven't made a proper Dry Irish Stout." I think I'm going to remedy that.

im brewing a variation of the wookie jack clone on these forums. I have found its so much better if you primary for two weeks, secondary for two months. Do the 2 stage dry hop for 7 days and bottle.

Thanks Slym!

No problem!

I have been washing Nottingham yeast for a while now. I don't see any shame in it. Some people say "it's only $4!" but when it come to their $8 vial of yeast, it becomes "I must use this as many times as possible!" so it's a little strange be admonished for doing it for dry yeast.

I brewed 5.5 gallons of Yooper's oatmeal stout in October and used Nottingham. I used a jar of that slurry for 5.5 gallons of the NewCastle clone recipe on this forum.

The NewCastle clone just got bottled yesterday. I'm going to use 2 jars of that slurry for the RIS (2011 HBT Competition Category Winner) recipe on this forum that will be brewed this coming weekend.

The yeast will be stressed after that but getting three beers from one packet is economical to me. I still have one jar of slurry from the oatmeal stout but don't have any future brews to use it with.

Back