What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added 3G Amber Ale.

Sample.jpg

I cant tell if that is pree or post fermentation. By looking at that bucket Id say pree..But then again maybe its a secondary bucket .
By looking at the clarity Id say its post. Great looking beer!. But if that is pree fermentation then I'm supper impressed. :tank:

Had a brew day today. Brew by myself so I'm tired phew! Brewed an oatmeal stout Its fermenting away already. I made a yeast starter even though it says not to. Is there a reason not to? I always make a yeast starter be it beer or wine took a pic while Transfering it

Only if the yeast is dry. Other than that not really.

I cant tell if that is pree or post fermentation. By looking at that bucket Id say pree..But then again maybe its a secondary bucket .
By looking at the clarity Id say its post. Great looking beer!. But if that is pree fermentation then I'm supper impressed. :tank:

This is pre-fermentation. :)

Nothing [emoji30] But after this Saturday...

5 gallons of classic blonde ale

5 gallons of dry hopped blonde/pale (not really sure what to call it yet - too many IBU's for a blonde, not enough for an APA)

But I have 3 lagering in their kegs.

5 gallons Kölsch
5 gallons German Pilsner
5 gallons Euro Pale Lager

I did an English brown ale Saturday, and I pitched Windsor ale yeast, which I've never used before.

I put the carboy in my cold (60-ish) basement overnight before I pitched it; it had a nice little krausen going this morning. I'll move it someplace warmer after that falls. I did not aerate it very well but hopefully that doesn't matter much with dry yeast and low gravity (1.038)

5 gallons chanterelle abbey ale
5 gallons old ale
5 gallons pale sour with jolly pumpkin dregs
5 gallons pale sour with tilquin and crooked stave dregs
5 gallons barley wine
5 gallons oatmeal cookie porter

up next is a lemongrass and cucumber saison and probably some more mead.

Pale mild ale. 90% light munich, 10% carabrown. Tastes great so far. So much flavor for something that's slated to be 3.5% ABV without being sweet.

I just bottled a Maple Vienna Lager
I have a Smoked Baltic Porter with anise and cardamom in primary
These are my first two brews.

Brewed 10 gallons of a session IPA. Lots of Centennial hops. Will dry hop with Simcoe & Centennial. In the fermenter now at 67º

10.5 gallons Speckled Mudcat and 5 gallons Dogfish 60 clone... on deck is 5.5 gallons Lawnmower Kolsch for the father-in-law

5'er of pale ale "Pain" with HBC 438 hops, "Black [h]Ops" BIPA and rye whiskey barrel stout. Maibock on deck.

• 5 gals 2014 Lambic on Chardonnay Oak
  • 5.5 Gals 2015 Lambic, on Chardonnay Oak
  • 5 gals 2014 Flanders Red on Cabernet Oak
  • 5 gals 2014 Brett C. Old Ale on Tawny Port Oak
  • 10 gals Flemish Pale Ale
  • 10 gals Oud Bruin
  • 5 gals Session Kriek on 10 lbs of cherries, +0.75 gallon unfruited
  • 5.5 gals Wheat English IPA
  • 5.5 gals Wheat Dark Mild

in fermentation

5 gals Belgium pale ale
5gals Mosaic pale ale

On tap

Bourbon barrel Porter
spiced winter ale

kicked

Krampus ( 9% winter warmer, close to barley wine )

In Primary;

10 Gallons of BOMM (13%ABV)
5 Gallons of Amber Bock Ale (6.25%ABV)
5 Gallons of Dopplebock Lager (9.5%ABV)
5 Gallons of Irish Red Braggot (11.25%ABV)
5 Gallons of Piney the Welder (Pliny the Elder Clone) (8.9%ABV)

Secondary;

5 Gallons of Mango Wine (13%ABV)

Bottled;

Blonde Ale IPA (6%ABV)
California Steam Beer (6%ABV)
Oatmeal Stout (5.8%ABV)

On Deck;

Irish Red Ale (6%ABV)
Pacific Saison (6%ABV)
BOMM (13%ABV)

1 gallon of Golden Sour with Gigayeast Sour Plum Belgium, it's not very sour but it has a ton of plum/pear flavor
3gallons of Raspberry Sour
3 gallons of Apricot Sour
6gallons of Sour Brown with tart cherries
5 gallons of Sour Brown with cranberry and tart cherry
5 gallons of Sour Saison
5 gallons of Sour Farmhouse Ale
5 gallons of Golden Sour
6 gallons of Brett IPA
5gallons of Citra/Centennial Blonde
6 gallons of Belgian Blonde
6 gallons of Sweet White wine
6 gallons of Riesling.

5.5 : Tired Hands Hophands Clone
5.5 : L'il Sparky's Nut Brown recipe.
5.5 : our 'porter' that I'm 99% sure we accidently milled grains over someone else's bucket of grain at the homebrew store and ended up with a massive stout.

2.5 gallons: APA (2 row, Centennial no dry hopping)
2.5 gallons: APA (2 row, Centennial with dry hopping) My own little Brulosophy test
5.5 gallons: Pale Ale (Marris Otter, Munich, Mosaic)
5 gallons: Brown Ale, bottle conditioning

Winding down for a move in a couple months so I'm down to these, though it will spike right back up after I move!

- 2.5 gallons of farmhouse ale
- 2.5 gallons of brett old ale
- 1 gallon of bochet mead
- 1 gallon of biere de garde on port oak

Not much on at the moment. Bottled an IPA today so I'm down to...
1 gallon of Ginger and clove spiced Cyser
1 gallon of Palisade Saison.

Sweet, delicious, neutral air....New baby is due any day now so I have to hold off at least for a few weeks. I have about 24 bottles of my last home brew to hold me over but that will be gone by the next time whatever I brew is ready to consume so I may have to actually buy beer (haven't bought a single beer for myself since I started brewing in November).

5 gallons Belgian wit/ IPA
5 gallons Mangrove Jack Cider
5 gallons Pinot Grigio
5 gallons Rig Pig clone (pale ale)
5 gallons Irish Red Ale.

2- 5 Gallon batches of a Black IPA (OG 1.076) Fermented one with WY 1072 American Ale II, and one with Safale US-05. I plan to dry hop them both exactly the same to get a feel for the differences provided by the two yeasts.

Back