What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riwaka? Sounds jawanese...:D

Its a new Zealand hop, I havn't used it before but I think it may be the main flavour hop in one of my fav beers (Kiwi Unleashed by Black Dog) so im going to give it a go.

Still very much in the experimental phase of brewing (just incase chocolate in a pale ale doesn't tell you that) so might end up with a half n half on this batch.

Just moved 10 gallons of IPA to kegs and 10 of Imperial amber to secondary to dry hop. 10 gallons of dry stout is fermenting and five gallons of Vienna lager is lagering. Just bottled five gallons of a Trappist ale and have a rye beer boiling that I'm going to repitch the Trappiest yeast into. Oh, and there is some cream ale about ready to package too.

I have not played in a while.

A blonde sour
A Gose
A Saison with oats and brett
A saison with rye. and brett
A Belgian tripel
And and IPA

I've got a pale ale that I used my homegrown hops in. Just transferred to secondary and had a taste....I liked it!!

It's been awhile since I've posted here, so here's what I've got:

Kegged
keg 1 - IPA
keg 2 - Saison
keg 3 - Cream Ale
keg 4 - Kicked

Secondary
5 gal ESB
5 gal Saison
42 gal various wines

Primary
5 gal dunkelweisen
5 gal cream ale
5 gal blonde ale
5 gal porter

Added the honey & molasses mixed with some of the beer to the kottbusser in primary about 1/2 hour ago. Last leg before bottling. Wanna have it ready for first taste by my birthday or thereabouts.

Bottled:
1. Hard Cider fermented w/ Belle Saison (OG 1.070, FG .996)
2. Dogfish Head 60M IPA
3. Saison
Primary:
Nothing until Sunday, I'll have an IRA, Pear Cider, and Ginger infused Ale

5 gallons of APA with mosaic and aussie Rakau. never tried any of those hops.So i hope i turns out good. Smelled fantastic during brewday.

View attachment 260511
Kegging coffe porter 8.2%. , I guess technically it is not in fermenter any more, time to filler back up!

Helluva conical you got there. Are you pumping that into the cornies? Even if not you could have some fun with them and attach a beer out QD to the fill hose and pump into them that way (maybe even jumper between kegs so that the gas out fills the next one. You should have enough force from gravity for it to work too.

Keg 1- Citra IPA
Keg 2 - Dry Stout
Keg 3 - Dunkelweizen
Keg 4 - Raspberry Cider

Ferm 1 - Mead
Ferm 2 - Sweet Stout
Ferm 3 - American Brown
Ferm 4 - Red Rye PA
Ferm 5 - Belgian Tripple
Ferm 6 - Pilsner

Helluva conical you got there. Are you pumping that into the cornies? Even if not you could have some fun with them and attach a beer out QD to the fill hose and pump into them that way (maybe even jumper between kegs so that the gas out fills the next one. You should have enough force from gravity for it to work too.

Yes I am pumping, only because I am going through two filters, the first being a 5 micron,and the second being 1 micron. Prob. Overkill using two, the 1 micron alone would be fine, then I could use the other filter housing for hop infusion. If I was not filtering, I would just use gravity from the rotating racking arm. I have a thread about my 35 gallon conical build on here somewhere if you are interested, I like it a lot.

Listed by age, I currently am fermenting or aging:
1) rosalaire saison split with various dregs in each
2) ecy20 saison
3) ecy20 extract lambic
4) jolly pumpkin dregs saison
5) Belgian Golden Strong
6) Flanders red, half with ecy20 half with almanac and Russian River dregs

Belgian should be ready to keg in about a week or two. I'm going to age a few gallons of it on different bretts to see which I like best for bottle conditioning.

On deck to brew I have:
Black ipa
Galaxy pale ale
Berliner weisse

Currently in kegs I have:
2012 barleywine
2014 stout
Cider
Porter

In bottles I have a few different stouts and 2 sours.

Seems like a lot.

(1) 5 gallon secondary - a Robust Vanilla Porter
(2) 3 gallon secondaries - a Smoked Applewood cider and a Fireball cider

As soon as I get done with my partial grain brew on the stove...

(1) 6 gallon primary - a Blonde Ale....

An altbier using 1007. I've used 1007 a lot and I always keep it in the upper 50s, but this batch is going to frickin' town and blowing off at the 36 hour mark, even with Fermcap. It may have something to do with the fact that I built this starter from a slant. Or not. It's a super healthy fermentation nonetheless.

1. Cascade, Citra, and Centennial ESB
  2. The "C" Bomb Citrus Wit
  3. Valentines Day Black Barleywine
  4. Tracy's Bitter Girlfriend Brand Bitter

Just brewed 5 gallons of an Irish Red Ale yesterday...I'm thinking it'll take a week to ferment and then 2 weeks to carb. Hit all of our numbers and had great efficiency.

About to keg a 4.5% Cascade blonde that's currently cold crashing and a 6.5% robust porter, hopped with Willamette and Hallertau. Both sitting in their own shiny new conicals! :rockin:

Just filled my bucket with 6 gallons of Cascadian dark ale and a starter of BRY-97 on Sunday. Monday I checked to see the activity and found a ton of blowoff in my gallon vessel! Lotsa activity despite a sub 1.060 OG... Woo hoo!!

5 gal Kolsch
5 of BM centennial PA with Notty
5 of BM centennial PA with US05
5 of my Simcoe IPA

Been thinking of adding vitamin b-12 at flame out for my liver.

5 gal Belgian strong
5 gal Belgian dark
5 gal amarillo/amarillo IIPA
5 gal amarillo/citra IIPA
5 gal chocolate stout
5 gal medium-sweet cider with molasses

on tap:
cascade (dry hopped) dry cider
medium sweet low-gravity cider
belgian imperial blond
american corn lager (intentional DMS)
mild medium chocolate stout

Newest: A one-gallon brown ale with mainly 2-row, a dash of Caramel 120, and a bit of sugar for fermentables; Goldings for hops and US-05 yeast doing the bubbly thing. I will bottle around the end of the month.

EDIT: I split this into two "fermenters," these being modified Pepsi 2-liters.

This, how is it looks like? Bottling this weekend! BTW the og was a little bit lower (1.060)so I think the dry yeast should make it with no problems.

Recipe.PNG

I realized that the last 3 brews all had gotten a terrible off-flavor. After a lot of googling and discussions I realized it was due to fermenting too hot. And impulsive as I am i poured it all out and brewed 5 beers in 3 days. So i now have:
1. duvel tripel hop clone
2. westmalle tripel clone
3. My own IPA
4. Westvleteren clone
5. Russian Imperial Stout

all of them are in primary at the moment.

Latest posts

Back