What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons american amber ale---just put it in the fermentation chamber about 30 minutes ago.

5 Gallons of a Final Absolution (Nelgian String Ale) clone, 5 gallons of Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale, and 5 Gallons of an Oberon (Bell's brewery wheat beer) clone.

3 gallons of my first all grain. Mashed a little too high, didn't hit gravity due to bad crush and FORGETTING almost two lbs of grain. But it will be beer and boy it will be hoppy.

Cascade/Sinco IPA

IMG_4455.jpg

The holiday beverages have begun!

5 gal of spiced cider in one.
5 gal of special holiday amber ale in the other (my first brew with homegrown hops).

A Munich Helles in 2ndary chillin, wheat IPA, dry hopping and getting bottled Monday, and 10 gallons of apple crack ( Edwort's apple wine ) ... :beard:

A Munich Helles in 2ndary chillin, wheat IPA, dry hopping and getting bottled Monday, and 10 gallons of apple crack ( Edwort's apple wine ) ... :beard:

Nice, I got a helles on tap, but it came out a bit too hoppy in flavor (read, you can taste a little hop flavor), so I have another one coldcrashing that I'm going to rack today where I dialed it back on the hops.

Awesome smiley btw. :beard:

Nice, I got a helles on tap, but it came out a bit too hoppy in flavor (read, you can taste a little hop flavor), so I have another one coldcrashing that I'm going to rack today where I dialed it back on the hops.

Awesome smiley btw. :beard:

Helles will be in the fridge 6 weeks. i'll drop the temp 5* each day till I hit around 36*. long wait but its worth it ... :D ... :beard:

I've got a VERY energetic stout in my Mr Beer bucket: six hours into the fermentation and the yeast was already making enough krausen to started leaking out of the lid!

Yesterday I started my first brew since April: NB's "Smoke Bomb," into which I pitched a packet of Nottingham which is now bubbling away.

~5 gallons of Brett C. Bitter
~5 gallons of "Flemish" Sour Stout
~5 gallons English IPA
~5 gallons Best Bitter
~5.5 gallons Spiced Winter Warmer (using treacle, cinnamon, clove, allspice, and nutmeg).

Same as above...

Minus the Best Bitter (60/40 polypins and bottles)

Plus 5.5 gallons of Old Ale that'll get a long secondary nap with Brett C.

Have most of my fermentors full at the moment

5.5 gal of Flanders Red
5.5 gal of American Wild
5.5 gal of Berlinner Weisse
11 gal of Yooper's Oatmeal Stout
11 gal of BM's Black Pearl Porter
3 gal Ice Wine

3 primaries and 2 secondaries still open. Time to make a couple more sours!

Hoppy cream ale and orange pale ale in kegs. Session IPA, and 2 cream ales in fermenters.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My second version of my PM dampfbier recipe is just past initial fermentation this morning! Looking like I should get the esters I'm trying to get this time. I'm hoping for the right color, but can't exactly tell yet.:mug:

Been a busy brew month:
-RIS bulk aging on port wine soaked oak spirals
-Oktoberfest
-Winter Warmer
-DIPA (Pliny clone)
-Hefeweizen
-Coffee Porter (coming next Friday! )

This is v2 of my English-Belgian Golden Strong Ale, 24hrs in. I love this bit, with the rhythmic sound of bubbles and the gentle aroma of hops when you pop your nose next to the airlock. This one's around 8% abv, so I'll probably give it a few weeks...

20140920_161529.jpg

Sitting here thinking about getting an ESB BIAB going today. 2.5 gal (I like half batches...). Another 2.5 gal amber sitting in secondary - about a week to kegging that one.

Back