What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing cleaning up after bottling day yesterday. Fermenter stand reaching maximum density after getting new fermenter delivered. gota clean some bottles & the fermenter yet. At least I kept the airlock on it to keep these pesky flies out. Still haven't figured out where they're comin from yet.

I've got my first ever all grain fermenting away. It's actually the first time I've ever gone for a straight clone of a beer: Ruination IPA. Unfortunately, as it was my first all grain, I was waaaaaaay off the mark with my efficiency and was shooting for 1.072 and wound up with 1.055. So in order to not give up on it i boiled a bit of sugar with a tiny bit of lime juice to invert it and dumped in a bit of simple sugar after the high krausen. Here's hoping it turns out ok. Turned out to be about 7% of the grain bill with the sugar so I really hope that's not too high. I've also got a barley wine conditioning but who knows how long that will take before its "ready".

5 gal ESB
5 gal chocolate stout

My 1st and 2nd all grain batches (of just my own, anyways). ESB was pretty close, stout was way off, didn't try to fix it like I should have, gonna be a chocolate session stout once its done haha.

I formally submit that if you don't have anything in your fermentors this thread is not the place to brag to about it. If you need a "like" just PM me and I'll give ya a bunch of them ;)
-
I now have 4 different fermentors going, 2 different IPAs, an IIPA, a Pale ale and a Flanders Red that's just about ready to rack. Yes, I had some 2012 hops to use up...and got a vial of conan :)

5.5 Amber
5 Christmas Spice
5 apple pie cider
5 cream ale
5 honey orange hefe

If I bottle one I can brew this weekend! :ban:

I formally submit that if you don't have anything in your fermentors this thread is not the place to brag to about it. If you need a "like" just PM me and I'll give ya a bunch of them ;)
-
I now have 4 different fermentors going, 2 different IPAs, an IIPA, a Pale ale and a Flanders Red that's just about ready to rack. Yes, I had some 2012 hops to use up...and got a vial of conan :)

I formally agree with you! :ban:

Yesterday I racked 8 gallons of IPA to cornies and put the gas to 'em. They'll be ready to drink when I return from Mexico!

Then I'll brew up a new batch or two and do it all over again. I'll be sure to post in this thread when my fermenters are FULL. :D

10 gal batch Hoppy Rye Farmhouse Ale. Used the white labs wpl565 French Saison yeast. Last batch started at 1.051 dried out to 1.002 was super yummy!! this one started at 1.060 with 2 lbs additional malt pne extre pound of rye and 2oz.more cascade. Ready to cold crash and rack to kegs this weekend. Hopefully I'll have my Keezer build complete by Sunday. I'll let it condition in the keg for about 2 weeks before I try any......ok maybe not.

10 gallons of an IPA
10 gallons of a Blonde
10 gallons of a Noble Pilsner (currently dry-hopping in secondary)

Should be kegging a lot of beer over the next two weeks. My pipeline is nearly dry.

10 gallons of Dr Smurto's Golden Ale
10 gallons of Olde English 800
10 gallons of Evil Czech Pilsner
5 gallons of Honey Raspberry Porter

So, a 40 oz inst enough for you that you have to scoff at all the puritans and drink a 1280 oz of OE?

Right now I'm full up. 6 carboys and four buckets... All full.

That is not awful, that is great! Sorry, can't pass up a bad pun.

1) vienna willamette lager smash
2) Maris otter citra ale smash
3) belgian golden strong ale

Coming up

1) chocolate peppermint stout
2) munich light tettnanger lager smash

Got 5 gallons of a McMenamins Ruby Clone i made up and its almost perfect, couldnt be happier with the recipe i made up.
4 Gallons of Apfelwein from fresh pressed apples.
5 Gallons of an IPA using all hops i grew this year(Newport, Columbus, Cascade)
5 Gallons of Berlinner Weisse sitting in the corner behind my computer to keep it nice and toasty warm @ 70+

A semi session saison brewed today,taking off fast!

DSCF0291.jpg

Currently:
6 gallons - Oktoberfest
6 Gallons - Irish Ale
6 Gallons - Golden APA
6 Gallons - All Cascade ale
5 Gallons - Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
On Deck:
Hoptimum Clone (got pushed back)
Helles Bock
Oktoberfest - I've got to keep this stocked!

Brewed a Baltic porter OG 1.072, fermenting at 55 F with US-05 (I heard it works at 50 F, and it does... well!)

Used a new flavor hop blend: equal parts Willamette, Ht. Hood, Styrian Golding, and HBC 342

Just got moved into my new house finally and haven't gotten my brewing equipment all set up (or even completely unpacked) yet, but I was able to get a Mr. Beer sized batch of graff going today for my first brew under the new roof.

Latest posts

Back