What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In about 3 hours I'll have an American wheat that the wife is making me do again cause she loved it! Sadly I only have te equipment todo 1 gallon batches

On the left, a Dead Guy clone, on the right A Mad Elf clone racked on to two pounds of cherries.
Both are happily bubbling along:)

IMG_0792.jpg

5 gallons of cider and 10 gallons of my IPA. Doing and experiment with the IPA; split the ten gallon batch into two primaries, racked one over to a carboy for secondary with 3 ounces of dry hops that will get roused with co2, and left the other in the primary with same 3 ounces of dry hops. Bottle separately and do a blind taste test.

5 Gal Harvest Ale
5 Gal Kolsch
5 Gal Winter lager
3 Gal Strawberry mead
3 Gal Apricot mead
3 Gal Orange mead
3 Gal key lime mead
3 Gal blackberry mead
6 Gal Nebbiolo wine
6 Gal Aus Cab
6 Gal blackberry jam wine
6 Gal strawberry lychee gewurztraminer

These are all at differing stages of ferment. I bulk age the wines and meads so they might not really count as fermenting.

ha! got off my lazy but and started brewing tonight - 3 gallons of "two-buck-chuck" wine (welches) and 5 gallons of Belma Blonde.

take that doge!!

Nothing...

Well i have a gallon of randomness (light running, leftover yeast and hops) that I have not added Brett dregs to.

Well brew a porter on Monday

I have 10 gallons of a chocolate porter in right now. Tomorrow (ugh... Later today) is brew day. A stone old guardian barley wine clone is up. Should be fun. Will only be 5 gals because of the grain bill.

Edit: how could I forget... I have 5 gals of edwort's apfelwein fermenting too

JimmytheGeek said:
I thought I'd do this as a quick, informal poll. Who knows -- might pick up an idea for the next batch! :D Right now, I've got a Miller Light clone in the primary, using this recipe as a base. My variation is using Northern Brewer (7.9% AA) at the boil, otherwise following the recipe. I brewed it yesterday. What you got?

An all Centennial hop IPA. I wanted something like Bell's Two Hearted, so I tried my hand at it. Racking to the secondary and starting the dry hopping today.

Honey lager 3 gallons BIAB

1.5 lb two row
1.5 lb domestic pale ale malt
2 lb clover honey

10 g mount hood 60 min
10 g mount hood 30 min

Fermenting 2 gallons with saflager w-34/70 at 55 degrees, and the other gallon with us-05 at 68 degrees for a quicker turnaround and possible comparison

Currently my ~5 gallons of ~19 month old Lamebic that'll get bottled in April, 1 gallon of Welch's concentrate wine, 1 gallon of dry mead, 1 gallon maple wine, 1 gallon skeeter pee (all of which will get bottled middle of next month), and now as of today 5 gallons of Dusseldorf Altbier.

A Winter Warmer. I started with NB's Spiced Winter Ale but I increased the malt by 4.5 lbs and added a hop addition. I did use the Mulling spices that came with the kit.

5 gal wild fermented Lambic
5 gal Flanders red (Roeselare)
5 gal Flanders red (12 months)
5 gal oatmeal Stout
5 gal Rauchbier
5 gal Rye IIPA (1 pound of hops)

JimmytheGeek said:
Love the name of this one! To make it epic, though, it would have to come from the Chuck Norris Brewery! :D

Haha good point! My goal was to make it strong enough that after a couple, you'll feel like you took a few kicks to the sternum from Mr Norris!

Latest posts

Back