What's in your fermenter(s)?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

adiochiro3

Reaction score
5 gallons of chardonnay wine
5 gallons of Russian Imperial Stout
5 gallons of Marzen
3 gallons of Edwort's Apfelwein
1 gallon of Perry

I walked into the room, looked around, and said to my wife, "This guy is outta control!"

smileyak87

Reaction score
Just added 3 gallons of cherry apple cider

Bottled 3 gallons of cinnamon apple cider and 5 gallons of peach wheat today

So fermenting now

5 gallons american ale
5 gallons raspberry apple cider
3 gallons cherry apple cider

mytommygundont

Reaction score
I have a ton in fermenters but the one I'm excited about is a pale ale that has only one hop addition in the whirlpool. The taste today is spectacular. There's plenty of notable bitterness and tons of aroma. I can't wait to taste it carbed and chilled.

I think I'm going to call it LIGHTSáBEER

Robar

Reaction score
I have a wild hop Pale Ale that is on day number eight in the primary. #10 - two row, #1 - 20L, and a gallon sized bag bag of wild hops split roughly half, quarter, quarter for 60, 30, and 10 minute time slots. Fermenting in the low 60's with safale s-04.

roastquake

Reaction score
One gallon of mad scientist tater cream ale:

12 oz Homegrown russet potatoes
12 oz 2-row
6 oz sugar
(1/4 tsp amylase powder in the mash)

4 g Styrian Golding 60 min
4 g Styrian Golding 5 min

US-05

66 degrees F

OP
J

JimmytheGeek

Reaction score
One gallon of mad scientist tater cream ale:

12 oz Homegrown russet potatoes
12 oz 2-row
6 oz sugar
(1/4 tsp amylase powder in the mash)

4 g Styrian Golding 60 min
4 g Styrian Golding 5 min

US-05

66 degrees F
How big of a batch is this? I might want to replicate this one just out of curiosity!

Robar

Reaction score
I have a wild hop Pale Ale that is on day number eight in the primary. #10 - two row, #1 - 20L, and a gallon sized bag bag of wild hops split roughly half, quarter, quarter for 60, 30, and 10 minute time slots. Fermenting in the low 60's with safale s-04.
Racked this over after 8 days in primary. Was still bubbling the lock once every 20 seconds or so, but needed the yeast cake for a highish gravity porter. OG was 1.060, current gravity was 1.016 and still tasting sweet so still has a bit to go, but tastes very good.

tankmech

Reaction score
Five gallons of flat tire, was planning on a second brew today, but have to work and don't want to rush. So the second brew will get done on Wednesday. Happy brewing.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Started drinking the Cougar Country IPA,next batch of Maori IPA just started fridge time today for turkey day. Whiskely stout has been in bottles 8 days,& robust porter has been in primary bubbling away 2 days today. Holidays are lookin good so far! :tank:

DrunkleJon

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished cleaning 9 kegs, started up another batch of Apfelwein after kegging another. The batch I just made is in an old Sankey 1/4. I figure I can keep it going for a while in there instead of tying up my BB.

ragertom

Reaction score
I'm a noob but I have an American pale ale with citra hops on day 7in fermenter, and some welchs grape wine in another on day 2.

Instructions on pale ale said to bottle today but I'm gonna leave it for a few more to clear some.

danielofthedale

Reaction score
Five gallons of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Been in the fermenter for two weeks Sunday and probably let it sit one more week before bottling. Ready to enjoy by Christmas!

troy2000

Reaction score
I have a pretty generic 4 gal batch fermenting right now - using 6 lbs pale malt, 2 lbs wheat malt, .5 lbs Carapils, and Safbrew T-58 yeast.

It was intended to be a fairly light beer to begin with. And I had trouble with clogging during my sparge - because I ground some flour while I was re-adjusting my Corona mill to handle the pale malt after cracking the wheat...

I wound up with an OG of only about 1.030, so it's definitely going to be a lawnmower or session beer. That's OK.... Sometimes I feel like guzzling a few, but don't necessarily need to get wasted.

unionrdr

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My robust porter is still bubbling away on day three. Vanilla beans & vodka looking like tea to add to it at bottling. I think by then the vanilla/vodka liquid will be enough?...

unionrdr

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've got 2/5 gallon batches of IPA ready,some in fridge.
5 gallons Whiskely stout in bottles for Christmas
5 gallons robust porter in primary day 3 For Christmas as well.
Holidays lookin pretty good so far. Don't know what I'll brew next?...

tankmech

Reaction score
5b gals of flat tire from Midwest. Hope fully tomorrow I have have the jack pine savage ipa in the fermentor.

pumpkinman2012

Reaction score
6 gals of Oktoberfest, I wish that I could remember whose recipe it is, this brew is incredible, this will be the third time that I'm making it, each time I like it more!
I do remember that this brew won a gold medal, but for some odd reason I didn't write down the original brewers name, I'd really like to give them credit.

tjmac5071

Reaction score
Five gallons of a winter warmer in secondary that I will be giving out as gifts...about six weeks in so far

Five gallons of black IPA in primary that is slowly chugging along

bmac

Reaction score
6 gallons of "Monk Punch", Belgian Dark Strong with an OG of 1.095:rockin:

jonmohno

Banned
Reaction score
All wines,meads,fruitwines,pyments,melomels. Waiting.. waiting..:pipe: I may rack my 3 gallon blueberry melopyment on top of some bluberrys to my 3 gallon keg to age on. Ut oh then Ill have a free carboy I may have to make a beer in then.

Latest posts