Whats going on!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretrichter

Reaction score
Hello brewers,:drunk:

So I am brewing my first beer. It is an American Wheat with honey and very small amount of orange peels.

Starting Gravity: 1.05
Current Gravity: 1.01

1) I hydrated my yeast 48 hours ago with water and malt. then brewed the beer probably 30 hours ago. starting to seem like there is no more bubbles being produced. This seem like everything is going ok?

2) how much longer should I wait before bottling?

3) after priming and bottling how long should i let them sit before i can refrigerate and enjoy?

4) the current color is a white gold color, but it is VERY foggy with a lot of hop debre. to fix this, while i pore the beer from the fermenter into the bottling container, I was going to run it through some coffe filters. Would this work? what would you suggest?!

5) is it safe to take a test drink? just curious how the taste has changed so far.

You need to leave the beer in the primary for at least two weeks. Do not use a coffee filter as they will oxidize your beer. you also want to siphon your beer to the bottling bucket not pour, once again you will oxidize your beer. The beer will clear with a little time(at least two weeks in the primary)but a little hazy is what wheat beer is all about.
Hope this helps:mug:

Since it's a wheat beer,it'll need two weeks,maybe three in the bottle before it's ready. But make sure you have a stable FG taken over 2 or 3 days before bulk priming & bottling. I have videos in my profile on that subject if you're interested.

Yes relax and let it sit for 2 weeks, and then siphon in to bottling bucket. You can sample your beer now but be sure to be sanitary. You don't need to filter your beer just keep your siphon above the yeast and hops. Once you bottle your beer let your bottles sit at room temp for 2-3 weeks and fridge all of them (if you can). let them sit in the fridge for a week and enjoy.

Ok,

I tasted it....and it tasted like total crap. I dont know if it was because i got a glass full of hops and yeast debre or what.

Is 3 days too soon to be judging my beer?

Ok,

I tasted it....and it tasted like total crap. I dont know if it was because i got a glass full of hops and yeast debre or what.

Is 3 days too soon to be judging my beer?

Did you even read what the others said? Leave it alone for 3 weeks. Then come back and tell us all how we were right all along.

Latest posts

Back