What your beer taste says about you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffman

Reaction score
I saw this article today in on the Advertising Age website:

http://adage.com/article?article_id=140106.

Some interesting observations about what types of people choose different brands and types of beer. My favorite about craft brew drinkers: "This group is more likely to spend time thinking about beer rather than work." Definitely me.

I like this. Primarily the comments. People say "I don't fit your profile of an X drinker, so clearly its all wrong!"

People really don't get studies in general, and they certainly don't get tongue and cheek glimpses into buyer habit/demographics.

It amuses me.

Some interesting observations about what types of people choose different brands and types of beer. My favorite about craft brew drinkers: "This group is more likely to spend time thinking about beer rather than work." Definitely me.

If my boss knew how much time I spend on HBT, BeerAdvocate, Vendor's websites, etc. I would DEFINITELY be canned. :rockin:

Not to offend anyone and I doubt I could but from my experience I am not sure how you can put these two things together. I guess they were just trying to say something nice.

Budweiser / are emotionally steady people

Most bud drinkers I ever knew were nutjobs when they drank and always argued and picked fights. So this statement fits: people who prefer Bud can also be very spontaneous and tend not to do much advance planning. Spontaneous nutjob.

Just my experience though.

I was hoping it would list different styles. I wanted to know the difference between people who like stouts, and people that prefer IPAs. Maybe we should make our own version.

I was hoping it would list different styles. I wanted to know the difference between people who like stouts, and people that prefer IPAs. Maybe we should make our own version.

That's something that I've often wondered myself.

Might be interesting to find out. Though it seems that many of the homebrewers here are a pretty diverse group that drink a variety of beers. Still, I'm sure everyone has their preferred styles.

I'm a stout and porter guy, myself.

Back