What would you pay for an advanced taste of Budweiser Amber Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'll up it to sixteen cents -- but the seller's gotta pay shipping.

Rick

Oh come on, I would pay 25 cents just for the fact that it is easier to find a quarter than to find a dime, nickle, and a penny :D

Maybe if they paid me. Otherwise, it will not be consumed. On principle.

I guess you just won't drink BMC? Well I did get to try one, earlier today, and it was decent enough, as far as a BMC beer goes. I'm not going to go to the store to buy the stuff, but if some restaurants that carry only BMC will start carrying this, it will make me happy. I also believe that this just may the cross-over beer, to get the BMC drinkers to come to our side.

I'll try one at some point if I happen to be somewhere that serves it and there's nothing decent on tap. Wouldn't pay a premium for one, before or after it's officially released.

um maybe 5 cents if I can get that back just for recycling the bottle.

I guess you just won't drink BMC? Well I did get to try one, earlier today, and it was decent enough, as far as a BMC beer goes. I'm not going to go to the store to buy the stuff, but if some restaurants that carry only BMC will start carrying this, it will make me happy. I also believe that this just may the cross-over beer, to get the BMC drinkers to come to our side.

BMC have international distribution chains. They spend a lot less money on grain, hops, and distro than any craft company can hope to do. While the craft brew industry is doing well, we dont need BMC taking over the craft beer market. If my local pub has 3 or 4 taps, and 2 are dedicated to Bud and Coors and the other two might be craft brews... and then one of those two taps gets given away to American Ale... That is just not right. They can sell beer cheaper and they can flood the market in ways that no craft company can do.

So, no, I am not going to drink the american ale on principle. they dont need my business, thats for sure, and I dont want to contribute to them stifling the craft brew market.

BMC have international distribution chains. They spend a lot less money on grain, hops, and distro than any craft company can hope to do. While the craft brew industry is doing well, we dont need BMC taking over the craft beer market. If my local pub has 3 or 4 taps, and 2 are dedicated to Bud and Coors and the other two might be craft brews... and then one of those two taps gets given away to American Ale... That is just not right. They can sell beer cheaper and they can flood the market in ways that no craft company can do.

So, no, I am not going to drink the american ale on principle. they dont need my business, thats for sure, and I dont want to contribute to them stifling the craft brew market.

I completely agree with you. But around here, there are a lot of restaurants that don't carry any craft/micro brews. If one of these said restaurants starts carrying BAA, then I would order one, instead of just regular BMC. I know that is supporting AB, and they sure don't need anymore of that, but I'm not going to neglect myself a beer with my food. I know I could choose places that carry craft/micro's, but most of the time I let SWMBO choose, and beer is the last thing she is thinking of.

I am getting downright tired of BMC brewing up mass produced swill and trying to pass it off as "craft beer". Beach Bum Blond, Shock Top, just to name a few. They go out of their way to hide the fact that it's an AB product.

I was at a restaurant recently and I asked the bar tender what they had on tap that wasn't BMC. They had Beach Bum Blond. I hadn't heard of it so I pulled out my smartphone and Googled it...AB product. I gave it a try anyway, but I told him I didn't appreciate him trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

I'll probably give Budweiser Ale a try at some point, but the notion that AB can produce a "craft" beer is a joke.

Considering I'm really probably only going to be drinking a re-hashed version of Killians Red Ale before they switched over to a lager, I can probably wait the 2 weeks until it is readily available. I have a suspicion that it is going to be an underplayed Sam Adams Boston Ale. The sheer fact that they are still marketing it under the "American this/freedom that" business model is something that I just have to jest at and moreover can't stand for. I sometimes would buy regular Bud if I was in the mood for it and always respected them for maintaining an American heritage. Over the past few years I have come to hate them. I won't be buying anything with their name on it for a long time at worst, and probably never again at best.

I'd pay absolutely nothing for it. The only reason I'll probably get to try it is if it is for free from a friend or from the Bud distribution guy that I have a good report with at work.

Didn't Budweiser sell out to a foregin company? And, no, I would not pay cent one. If i'm going to drink BMC, it'll be the cheapest swill I can find, not a fancified cheap swill. With that said, I never turn down FREE beer.

I'm sure I'll try it at some point or another, but I'm not running out just to try it.

I can honestly say I've never ordered a AB product in a restaurant or bar. Labatt's however is another story.

I completely agree with you. But around here, there are a lot of restaurants that don't carry any craft/micro brews. If one of these said restaurants starts carrying BAA, then I would order one, instead of just regular BMC.

It is regular BMC. They just gussied it up. a 2 dollar whore in a 1000 dollar dress is still a 2 dollar whore.

I'm eager to try it.

But it goes completely against my grain to pay "up" for anything.

If I can stretch a dry packet of notty out for 5-6 10 gallon batches...I can certainly show restraint towards paying an admission fee to try a new beer.

Back