What would you do with these hops???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy0209

Reaction score
I've got:

3oz Simcoe
6oz Centennial
8oz Cascade

I'm thinking of doing a big double IPA (1.080ish) with just 95% two row and 5% corn sugar in the boil. Using what I have on hand, how would you hop it? Cheers :mug:

mix together 1oz simcoe, 4oz centennial, 6oz cascade and continuous hop a-la dogfish head
then dry hop with 2oz of each. maybe put 1/2oz of centennial in at 60min for bittering, i dunno.

BOOM HOPS

More than a pound of hops? I would make 3 or 4 different beers. But I generally use 5-6 oz in a 5 gallon IPA.

I would suggest an ounce or two of Centennial as FWH to get your IBUs up, and then go with more Centennial mid-boil (@ 35-45 minutes) and finish with a Cascade/Simcoe combo. Shoot for about 90 IBU. I like Centennial/Simcoe as a dry hop.

You can also burn an ounce of the high alpha Simcoe as FWH, but I prefer to use that as a late addition.

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I just wanted to get a good idea of other people's experiences with the hops in question.

14 lbs 2 row
1 lbs corn sugar

1 oz simcoe 90 min
2 oz Centenial 45 min
1 oz Simcoe Flameout/Whirlpool
2 oz Centenial Flameout/Whirlpool
1 oz Cascade Flameout/whirlpool

1 oz each for dry hop.

That'll get you like 1.082 SG and 90-100 ibu's and a whole lotta citrus flavor.

Latest posts

Back