What would you change in my smash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eSePeludo

Reaction score
A few weeks ago i brewed a 2 row brewers gold smash with s 04 12 lbs 2 row 1 oz at 60 1 oz at 5 mashed at about 148. Fermented at 66 kegged after week and 3 days. 1.052-1.012

I really liked it and received all positive opinions. It was this very quaffable easy drinking beer.

I liked it so much i purchased a pound of brewers gold to re brew it and tweak the recipe a bit.

What would you change in the recipe? As far as hopping schedule and malt.

I want to stick with the hops and the yeast because i harvested from the last batch.

Ooh, Vienna SMASH is so freaking good. I've made several as ales and lagers. Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee has a series where they do a Vienna SMASH with a different hop every couple months. It's always really, really good.

Thanks guys for the responses. Looks like im going vienna this time around. Ill maybe keep the boil hop schedule the same to keep my ibus the same and add the flameout hops and a dry hop.

since i have a lb of brewers gold and plan on harvesting yeast from my starter imma keep brewing variations of this beer.

Finally i will dial in my system.

Back