What type of spunding valve is best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szap

Reaction score
I am planning on trying pressurised fermenting and have a question on picking a spunding valve. Should I go with a blowtie style or a pressure release valve.

I use a blowtie. Much more accurate and consistent than the spring loaded pressure relief type.
What are you fermenting in, and is it pressure rated?

I will be fermenting with a 5 gallon corny keg.

Instead of starting new thread I thought I would reply here. I too ferment in 5 gallon corny kegs and want to try my hand at pressure fermenting on next batch. I am not sure which spunding valve to go with.

Blowtie
Blichmann
or this Spunding valve tee assembly with various tank/keg connection options

Blichman I would have to install weldless bulkhead in keg lid to install. Do you need to use blowoff tube for blichmann and blowtie style? I would prefer to just let it vent into the outdoor closet where fermenter sits.

I have a blowtie that I keep on a serving keg during fermentation. Fermenter CO2 purges the keg. Blowtie vents into my fermentation chamber.

I've had more success with a blowtie on a corny keg than with a spring-type spunding valve.

Back