What to use Burton Ale Yeast in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjartar

Reaction score
I brewed a porter recently using Burton ale yeast (WLP023). It turned out nice. I am wondering what other styles might pair well with Burton ale yeast. Any ideas?

I love to use it in IPA's. Be careful though, this yeast goes crazy and generates a huge krausen. I have had it explode the airlock out of my conical fermenter twice. It is also a great yeast to top crop (using a sanitary spoon, scoop off some of the krausen at high krausen and put it in a mason jar and then in the frig). Works great for your next batch.

I love to use it in IPA's. Be careful though, this yeast goes crazy and generates a huge krausen. I have had it explode the airlock out of my conical fermenter twice. It is also a great yeast to top crop (using a sanitary spoon, scoop off some of the krausen at high krausen and put it in a mason jar and then in the frig). Works great for your next batch.
Ha! Yeah that is exactly what happened with my porter. Huge mess. I was thinking about using it in an IPA too. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back