What to do...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocksideBrew

Reaction score
I have my first kegged batch carbing, a Belgian White Grand Cru. With all the discussion on line length, serving pressure, swizzles, tubing in dip tube, ect. I have 4' of 3/16" line with a picnic faucet and psi set @ 11. Should I see how it goes for the first few pours or am I for sure going to want to alter my setup to get consistently nice pours? I also did upgrade my regulator to a dual body with 3 gauges.

DocksideBrew said:
I have my first kegged batch carbing, a Belgian White Grand Cru. With all the discussion on line length, serving pressure, swizzles, tubing in dip tube, ect. I have 4' of 3/16" line with a picnic faucet and psi set @ 11. Should I see how it goes for the first few pours or am I for sure going to want to alter my setup to get consistently nice pours? I also did upgrade my regulator to a dual body with 3 gauges to run multiple kegs with different pressures.

how are you keeping it cold while dispensing, in a kegerator, fridge, ice bucket?
how are you going to dispense it, picnic tap, faucet?

Only time can tell. If you get good pours, you aren't going to want to change it. If you get lots of foam, you're going to want to lengthen the line. Be prepared to make adjustments, just like anytime you switch to new equipment and procedures.

Back