What to do with beer after carb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
So after you test your beer and it is carbed. What do you all generally do? Just put a few bottles in the fridge that you plan on drinking or cold condition all of them? The reason I ask is that I'm going to be giving some beer away at Xmas time and want it to be the best it can c
be. Should I keep it cold and give it away or just keep it in he basement until I have to give it away and let the people I'm giving it to put it in he fridge?

I having limited storage space keep as much cold as possible. Full fridge of beer is ideal, take one out; put one in.

I tend to put about 6 in the fridge at a time, and replace as I go. That way, I've got enough if a buddy comes over, but not so much that I can't fit other beer in the fridge!

I tend to put about 6 in the fridge at a time, and replace as I go. That way, I've got enough if a buddy comes over, but not so much that I can't fit other beer in the fridge!
what he said. I try to have a couple of different styles though :mug:

If you haven't added too much priming sugar it is not necessary to store it cold. I don't believe the storage temperature will affect it. If you added too much priming sugar and got an exploding bottle, you could put the rest of the bottles in the fridge to halt fermentation and prevent anymore from exploding. If you're giving it away and it's primed correctly, don't worry about where you store it.

Stick a few away in a place where you'll forget about them for a while. You'll be happy to discover them later, plus they'll probably taste the best.

When you cool it, it basically stops conditioning.

I would store them warm until 3 days before you need them!

:mug:

about your question about storing them to give as gifts..... Just store them at room temperature in a dark space and give them warm as gifts. Instruct the recipient to put them in the fridge for 3 days prior to drinking and pour gently leaving the last 1/4" behind.

If you plan on giving it to them so they can drink it right when they open the gift, leave them in the fridge until they're ready to open their present, then go grab them from your fridge where they've been sitting 3 days or more, place them in a gift bag, and hand them the bag with a glass and a bottle opener :)

about your question about storing them to give as gifts..... Just store them at room temperature in a dark space and give them warm as gifts. Instruct the recipient to put them in the fridge for 3 days prior to drinking and pour gently leaving the last 1/4" behind.

If you plan on giving it to them so they can drink it right when they open the gift, leave them in the fridge until they're ready to open their present, then go grab them from your fridge where they've been sitting 3 days or more, place them in a gift bag, and hand them the bag with a glass and a bottle opener :)

does that gift also include one of those hula wiggly gals? these be tips of good. gonna try bottling some christmas cheer too.

Latest posts

Back