what to do, what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwomp313

Reaction score
So I have beer that has been ruined with the plastic band-aid flavor (I posted about it about a month ago I believe) and yes I know it was because I was using bleach and it must not have been properly rinse off. blahblahblah I learned my lesson and I will no longer use bleach. It had just become such a habit to use it to sanitize I never really thought about it. Anyway, I now have about 3 cases of beer that are ruined due to this. I haven't found any indicator that this flavor will go away with time. It's been about 2 months since bottling and the flavor is just as strong as ever. I actually have 2 ruined batches. The first is a very light cali common type deal and the second is an oatmeal stout. Should I let these ride for umpteen years to see if it'll go away? Or am I wasting my bottle space? Should I dump? I know in most cases you should always let it ride and they'll get better with time. I've read as much as I could find on this and it seems to suggest that these batches are truly ruined. What should I do with them? I really hate the idea of wasting all these beers.

Latest posts

Back