What to do After Forgetting to Dry Hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I kegged a wheat beer yesterday. I have some hops in a bag, and I was going to dry hop. Forgot all about it. What's the best course of action?

I have to use a bag because pellet hops will stop up my draft system.

I would have just drank the beer and thought of better ways to remember for next time I made beer.

If the remaining hops never got used for anything else, they'd go in the compost pile.

One of the main purposes of this brew was to try out Mandarina Bavaria hops, so it's better to take a chance on losing the batch than to omit the dry hopping. I would have to make the batch again anyway.

I have done that in the past, I pushed co2 into the keg at s low psi while the lid was open to try to avoid oxidation, then I purged the keg with co2 several times after closing it back up. Extraction will be a little less if you put it in the kegerator right away (lower temps) but also I have left hops in the keg for the duration the keg lasted with no I'll effects.

Back