What to Brew...Help on first All Grain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThaDutchMasta

Reaction score
Hey yall,
im new to brewing but am ready to step up from extracts. i have all the necessities other than a huge brew pot and was wondering what size should i shop for? Iv got a pressure cooker and was also wondering if i should make a steam infusing mash thingy...

any suggestions on my first batch?

peace

You should keep it simple and do a single infusion mash in the 152-155 range. You will be better served with an 8 gallon to 10 gallon boiling pot.

What beers to you like should determine what to brew.

Brew what you like and enjoy!
I had a 7 gallon pot but I found that was to small and had little room for boilovers. I purchased a 48qt Stainless from Academy for $74 (note: Not all Academy's have them). It was the best price I have seen, even on the net.

Best of luck with your first AG!

Preston

Go for a 15 gallon pot. It won't be long before you want one after it boils over a few times. 15 gallon pots are not much more than a 8 gallon and wider so you can whirlpool the wort to separate trub easier.

Back