What the HEY is the part called!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
OK, I put together my keggerator and had a leak in my Co2 somewhere so I decided that all it needed was a nice tightening at each connection, turns out it was tank it's self that the connection to the tank wasn't tightened enough by the factory so I lost the "juices" right out the neck of the tank. Well in doing my tightening efforts I seemed to crush/crack that little white plastic ring in the regulator shut off valve (the out part to let the Co2 through the lines to the kegs. I want to find just that little white plastic ring/washer rather then buying the whole shut-off valve.

Anyone know what I would call that ring and where I might be able to find it online? ebay would be great if I only knew what it was called!

Thanks for the help!

do you mean the little plastic washer? like these?
CO2Washer.jpg

if so either order online, or go to the hardware store with the washer and find something comparable.
When I bought my co2 setup(used) the regulator didn't have a washer so I went to ace or true value or something and bought a rubber washer that was a similar size, its beer working great ever since. Really any washer of a similar size will work.
if so you can take the cracked one to a hardware store and ask

Let me Google that for you.

if that is a stab at rudeness, thanks, I never heard of Google before... I've only been googling each part of my Co2 regulator all morning.

If you are stating you are going to try to help me: Thank you, it's driving me nuts. I'm about to just buy the whole valve attachment for my regulator and say screw it. I just hate wasting money that I dont have to if I can fix it myself.

if that is a stab at rudeness, thanks, I never heard of Google before... I've only been googling each part of my Co2 regulator all morning.

If you are stating you are going to try to help me: Thank you, it's driving me nuts. I'm about to just buy the whole valve attachment for my regulator and say screw it. I just hate wasting money that I dont have to if I can fix it myself.
No I was not trying to be rude and did not mean to offend you.
Sorry.

Here is a exploded view picture of a co² valve:
chicompany.net co² assembly

The parts list is Here:
www.chicompany.net co² tank valve replacement parts

:confused:This is not a stab at rudeness. It is a threat. Post a picture so I don't have to start banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what part you are asking about!

OK, I put together my keggerator and had a leak in my Co2 somewhere so I decided that all it needed was a nice tightening at each connection, turns out it was tank it's self that the connection to the tank wasn't tightened enough by the factory so I lost the "juices" right out the neck of the tank. Well in doing my tightening efforts I seemed to crush/crack that little white plastic ring in the regulator shut off valve (the out part to let the Co2 through the lines to the kegs. I want to find just that little white plastic ring/washer rather then buying the whole shut-off valve.

Anyone know what I would call that ring and where I might be able to find it online? ebay would be great if I only knew what it was called!

Thanks for the help!
Air you talking about the aircock?
see below.
1747.jpg

i think i know what you're talking about, i think it's essentially the ball valve packing/gasket. ..the piece that seals around the ball but also allows it to pivot so you can open/close the valve. if that's a correct assumption, i think you'll probably have to contact the ball valve manufacturer to make sure you get the correct piece. i've seen some ball valve repair kits online, but you may be hard to find the correct parts for your valve.

Back