What The F!@# Is This

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit77

Reaction score
I was checking some vid about home brewing on YouTube and come across this vid [ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=EJM_n3jXPE4[/ame] .

What the hell happen? Bucket was not clean & sanitize enough?

Is it just me or did it look like they let it ferment next to the toilet?

Hey, that could have been really good. That stout i had that got infected still tasted great, still does...

Anyone else notice that the first gallon into the toilet was black/grey and then it faded into an amber color?

I don't think I could ever use that bucket again. I don't care how much sanitizer, bleach, and gasoline ect...ect...ect you put on it. It touched the toilet and not just the side of the bucket but the rim of the bucket touched the rim of the Poo-Poo chair. OH MY!!

LarMoeCur said:
I don't think I could ever use that bucket again. I don't care how much sanitizer, bleach, and gasoline ect...ect...ect you put on it. It touched the toilet and not just the side of the bucket but the rim of the bucket touched the rim of the Poo-Poo chair. OH MY!!

Did you know that statistically speaking most people in the USA's toilets have less bactieria than their kitchen sinks do? Pretty disgusting when you think about it.

Not my sink. I spray it down with Fantastic with bleach just about every night after I load the dishwasher. Homebrewing (and an unrelated case of food poisoning) made me a germaphobe.

I have read lots about just raising an infected batch to 180 for 20 minutes or so and re-pitching when it cools.(and maybe fish the white sh*t out of the top)

30 minutes work for 5 gallons of beer.

Bobby_M said:
Not my sink. I spray it down with Fantastic with bleach just about every night after I load the dishwasher.

Ditto. Cleaned and then sanitized after every use.

I'm not to sure I would have wasted the time trying to save that moldy mess. I would have dumped it. I think cleanliness may have been a problem here.:confused:

Both times i have brewed, before I even brought out any ingredients/equipment, I completely cleaned the kitchen, dishes, stove, etc. with a bleach based cleaner, and then sprayed all the counter surfaces and sink with star san in a spray bottle.

I'm not normally a germaphobe, but I don't wanna risk 20-30+ dollars in ingredients getting infected.

Bobby_M said:
Not my sink. I spray it down with Fantastic with bleach just about every night after I load the dishwasher. Homebrewing (and an unrelated case of food poisoning) made me a germaphobe.

Germaphobe?! Hope you don't rinse the sink after you spray it down then. I remember the first time I cultured tap water.... ::shudders::
... ignorance was bliss

Back