What temp to ferment at???Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petergriffen

Reaction score
So it’s my first brew. I got recipe from a local brew house. The room that it is going to ferment in is around 52 degrees so I figured I'd heat it up. What should I heat it to? I am using safale us-05yeast if that matters. It's also uses Challenger and Cascade hops

If you can hold the room in the low 60's, that would be a good target.

+1

If you can keep the room at that temp the yeast will do the rest. The process of fermentation generates alot of heat once it gets rolling. A room in the low 60's will get your temps up into the upper 60's range and is a pretty good place to be. Make sure that you don't go any lower than 60 otherwise you yeast might start to drop out and the ferment won't move along as it should. Good luck!

If you are concerned with maintaining temps there are brewing belts and even Williams Brewing sells a heating pad. Heck for that noise you could set an old heating pad on low and get steady results with US-05 and its forgiving temperature range.

Latest posts

Back