What size refrigerator do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs349

Reaction score
Well I finally got some money together to start kegging so now I need to decide what to buy. So here's the issue, I want to put together a kegerator that will hold 3 corneys as I'm planning on having 3 taps on the door. I'm looking to place it in my basement but the opening is only 27" (27 3/4" if I remove some molding) so I'm limited in my options. I've been looking on CL for a used top mount refrigerator but I'm not sure how many corneys I can fit in each size of refrigerator. According to Lowes website I'm limited to only a 9.7cu ft or a 14.4cu ft due to the narrow opening so could I hold 3 corneys in either of those sizes?

Each keg needs, (to be safe) a 10" by 10" square to sit on. So, is the fridge at least 20" wide? that's 2 kegs wide. Is it at least 20" deep? that's 4 kegs.

I got a great deal on this practically new fridge ($50). It is small (not sure of dimensions). I put it in my garage where I brew so the freezer is full of hops and I can fit 4 kegs in the fridge with plenty of extra room. I removed the door skin from the inside to make everything fit.
4294220782_af0e492c73_m.jpg

4293479277_0d8f3a78a9_m.jpg

i just purchased a 7 cu ft chest freezer at sams. since i use pin lock i can easily fit 3 without a collar. if you use ball lock than 4 without a collar.

Latest posts

Back