What Next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpr89

Reaction score
Here is the thing.

I have about $200 dollars burning a hole in my pocket. I have a 4 keg, kegerator, a deep freeze ferm chamber, I have basic yeast equip(flasks, stir plates etc.) and I am making 5 gallon batches.

I cant decide whether my money would be better spent on:

a. a grain mill and bulk grains
b. water chem. equip (ph meter, salts, a water test kit etc.)
c. 2 keggle conversion kits, and a 60qt cooler (I have 1 keg already, and almost a 2nd for $40)

The water stuff would make better beer im sure, but the grain mill would decrease my price per batch, and increase my recipe creativity. 10g batches would make better use of my time, as well as allow for more creative yeast deployment.

Thoughts??

We like the idea of the Grain Mill/Bulk grain.. Makes it easier to experiment with different recipes without having to worry about wasting the small amount of grain you have. Thats just my opinion.. Good luck!

Definitely get the bulk grain thing going first, larger batches require more grain and thats gonna get expensive quick if you aren't buying in bulk. Buying grain in bulk is one of the best things I've done in homebrewing, up there with purchasing temp control!

If you don't wanna spend a ton of money crushing your grain check out my thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-corona-mill-mods-w-pictures-479228/

Latest posts

Back