What NA Beer are you drinking now? And what NA beers are you liking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BP was not under control and neither was my blood sugar.

yeah, i started drinking a lot of homebrew when i was 26. mostly because i gave up on cops helping me ever thinkformyself enough to stand up to dope cooks, and i knew beer was easy to make and i wouldn't end up getting taken advantage of....but when i was 29-30 i had horible heart burn, bad enough to be puking blood. and when my ass abccess poping and was spewing blood WHILE i was puking blood....i damn well knew beer & milk isn't a living plan! but i'm a cheap bastard and if i had to eat i wanted to learn how to do it as cheap as possible! at first i almost went the pill route, but said to myself, why is i drink in the first place? because i don't want to let someone use chemicals to take advantage of me...so i looked for a list of the vitamins i need and a list of what's in food. found the USDA nutrient db, and some third party utilities to use it...

i don't even have dandruf any more! lost 90lbs, kept it off for 13 years...liver is in good shape, blood sugar good, cholesterol good...BP good...

just got to make sure i make sure the 'bills' get paid, and keep it within the budget....
I know that its odd to be talking about this subject on a home brew forum

no man, it defintaly should be said especialy around here... this be risky bussiness. but doable!

edit: 🤣 damn, i'm thinking, i should SOOOOO use the preview function before making posts like in the future! ;) :mug:

I'm right there with you on the clean diet and no pharma. I use fuggle and or EKG based ales as a mild muscle-relaxant. About 30 years ago I did some reseach that showed that even Ibuprofen had the impact on your liver equivalent to about 6-12 beers, but the effect was only strong for the first hour. Now, with my tolerance drastically dropped since my 2014 injury, I am experimenting with spreading 3-6 beers over an entire day for the slow reflex-retardation effect that keeps my hypertonicity from engaging, and still coming in at a lower level of liver-intoxication that the least off the shelf or prescription drug combo can do. (Yeah, treat the cause..NOT the symptoms!)

Ibuprofen had the impact on your liver equivalent to about 6-12 beers,

not to mention the stomach bleeding!! that stuff is a band-aid that should be taken off as soon as possible..

i made an amide out of ibuprofen for reasons you can imagine...after a week, it was a pink puke show!

Great thread. For the record, I am friends and family with people who have the disease of alcoholism. That said, I think those of us who do drink could do with less from time to time. The problem I have is that your 0.0% have a big bunch of carbs, which I’m trying to avoid. I have a “beer fest” one a month where I drink whatever beer I want for one day, but the rest of the month I only get 2 real beers a weekend, (self regulated). No alcohol beers are not low carb, so I have not had one. I’d love to see a low/no carb NA beer.

for some reason reading through the update....what about kombucha with using wheat germ for the tea, and maybe a dry hop? it'd have a lot of good vitamins that way too!

maybe like 1lb of raw wheat germ for a 5 gallon batch? but strain the actual flakes out? then maybe a dry hop with an ounce of hops?
I have a feeling that hopping at the beginning of a kombucha batch (while its warm) might impart antimicrobial aspects into the batch and have negative impact on the SCOBY and the ferment. I'm willing to try it though!

Great thread. For the record, I am friends and family with people who have the disease of alcoholism. That said, I think those of us who do drink could do with less from time to time. The problem I have is that your 0.0% have a big bunch of carbs, which I’m trying to avoid. I have a “beer fest” one a month where I drink whatever beer I want for one day, but the rest of the month I only get 2 real beers a weekend, (self regulated). No alcohol beers are not low carb, so I have not had one. I’d love to see a low/no carb NA beer.
Totally agree. Sam Adams is insanely High Carb. On the other hand, Partake from Canada is low: Styles & Flavors · Great Tasting Non-Alcoholic Beers

I tried Clausthaler Dry Hopped NA beer yesterday. Its pretty high carb (as most of these are) but a decent beer (the hops definitely help) and better than their standard offering.. It would be an OK choice if you were in a restaurant and needed a beer with dinner, esp. if it was a choice between that and O'Douls or Kaliber, but I wouldn't seek this one out.

I also had Weihenstephaner's Hefeweissbier Alkoholfrei and it was pretty good. I've had this before in Germany and it seemed to have been a little fresher there which isn't surprising. I could have a couple of these at a summer party and be content.

Tröegs LaGrave
20221011_184448.jpg

Latest posts

Back