what material for brew stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My welding friend suggests 1" square tubing, is this enough for a mobile cart, to hold one (or possibly expand to two) Keggles? Thinking BIAB for now, but that might evolve to more of a Brutus 20 dual vessel, single pump, just to separate the MLT and skip the bag if I cant get enough of the bag in my eKeggle.

I think the standard is 1.5" square tubing. I used 2" and I love it. It just adds a beefier feel to the stand. But...I do think you could get by with 1" depending on the design.

4-10' square tubes of 1/8" 2x2, mild steel, (powder coated), 1.5" stainless angle -1- 10' stick for stainless inserts to protect powder coat. 1- 6' 1x1 square tube to mount burners on. 1-6' - 3/8 threaded rod to mount the 1x1 to the frame to hold burner beam (1x1 bar)= total =100 steel plus 100 for stainless plus 100 powder coat. welding (free from a friend) total= 300. Add some good wheels 60 bucks
Snake10

bH.jpg

Back