What makes this an intertap only shank???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing that I know of, It’s just the brand, and is proven to work with the return spring. I’ll go test a regular faucet with it right now.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. It threaded in, and seems to seal just fine.
IMG_20200419_125506~2.jpg

Thanks! Is that a perlick you threaded it to?
No that one was not, but a perlick works on the shank it came from, so I assumed it would work.
After the above comments I dug out an old perlick and put it on another shank. It seems to be as sealed as the other faucet. I can't get it on a keg to test any time soon.

IMG_20200419_145959~2.jpg

Correct, there's just something about the way either the Perlick faucet or the KegKing shanks is machined. They just don't insert and the gasket never touches.

Well I went ahead and bought "regular" ones from you just a few min ago - I was the one emailing you about them and the duotight / EVABarrier tubing.

I have a Perlick on a regular Intertap SS straight shank -- not one of the tower shanks. Works fine, so I checked and I see MoreBeer does not give any warning saying that the straight shank is incompatible with any other faucets. It looks like the incompatibility may be unique to the tower shank.

Geez... now I need to recall where I saw the warning...

It's in bold print right on MoreBeer's listing of the tower shank, but not the straight Intertap shank. That's why I figure there's a significant difference between the straight and tower shanks.

Back