What kind of keg is this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, so it is!
The left two ports look like sanke connections, one at least. The other on the left looked like it is missing it's bearing. The two on the right I have no clue what they are

There are many different coupler types other than the typical D-type
kegcouplers.jpg

Why are there so many different types? Just people trying to make money or are there any interesting features hiding in some of these connections?

This is called a pressure pot, used by draft techs who see many different beer couplers. With this pot, I could clean a Guinness, a normal D beer, and a Stella Artois without changing a coupler. Otherwise you have to spend time dismantling couplers and switching in D couplers. So the reason these pots have different connectors is simply to speed up cleaning at bars with a lot of different coupler types.
Tangetitally, I have a pot with only D connections. German bars are a pain because I have one spare D coupler, and three slide coupler beers to clean. Very trying to get them done in 15

Back