What is your neighborhood brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adroit Theory. When is Fair Winds supposed to open?

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'll leave it to them to announce exactly when.

Also, I still need to hit Adroit Theory, but I have an allergic reaction to Loudoun County so I'm never out there if I can help it. Was last weekend for once, but didn't have time to pop in as much as I wanted to.

Phoenix and it's suburbs is a big city. i don't have a "neighborhood" brewery; the closest is AZ Wilderness. but, the Beer Research Institute is coming soon and about 6 miles away. then again, some of our stuff is worth the drive, like Fate up in scottsdale. i need a great brewery in E. Mesa, so i guess i'll have to open one myself?

Arizona Wilderness is one of my favorites! I've made the drive up to PHX a few times just to have a flight and lunch.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

It's hard to believe that here in the center of California I find myself in the beer Netherlands. Our neighborhood brewery is Tioga-Sequoia (Fresno) and they don't make very good beer IMO.

What can I say, I live close to heaven. With in 20 minutes

New Belgium
Fort Collins Brewery
O'Dell's
Funkwerks
Horse and Dragon
Freedom Works
Black Bottle
Coopersmiths
Equinox
Pateos Creek
High Hops
Crow Hop
Big Beaver
Wiley Roots
Zwei Bruder
Grimm Brothers
Verboten
Loveland Aleworks
Broken Plow Brewery
Crabtree Brewery

There are many places in Portland, but right near me is a small brewpub called The Liberal Cup. Their beer is pretty damn good and they usually have something cask conditioned also. 20 oz pints for $3.50-$4.00 and great food.

In (sort of) geographical order:
Pleasure House Brewing
Home Republic (brewing soon)
Back Bay Brewing
Gordon Biersch
Green Flash (coming soon)
Beach Brewing
Young Veterans Brewing
O'Connor Brewing
Smart Mouth Brewing

A ton of Brewpubs, Taphouses, Gastropubs and fantastic Dive Bars with some of the best Craft Brews on Tap.

Within a 40 minute drive:
Weeping Radish (NC)
St. George's Brewing
Williamsburg Aleworks

My neighborhood breweries that most people have heard of are Oskar Blues and Left Hand, they're within 10 minutes of me.
There are a ton of great breweries within an hour of me, though, I'm very lucky!

Only about 50 within 20-30 minutes:(
My nearby favorites are HUB, Laurelwood, and Cascade.

:mug:+

beermap.jpeg

Honolulu Brew Works. About 35 miles away and w/traffic about 45 min. Only parking is metered on the street if you are lucky so I don't go very often. Mater of fact only been there once. Food was good, but the beer only average but then I only tried two of about 8 they had on tap.

Honolulu Brew Works. About 35 miles away and w/traffic about 45 min. Only parking is metered on the street if you are lucky so I don't go very often. Mater of fact only been there once. Food was good, but the beer only average but then I only tried two of about 8 they had on tap.

I moved to SD 2 yrs. ago. Very fortunate to have Stone, Ballast Point, Mission, Lost Abby, Mother Earth all within 20 min.

I feel you man living in San Diego we are a bit spoiled when it comes to craft beer.

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

I have about a 5 minute walk to Cole St. Brewing. In the summers he opens up the bay doors and we have a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier. He also allows our pups to hang out with us as we enjoy a cold brew, good conversation and one of the best views in the world!

All about 30 minutes away in the Dallas area:

903 Brewers
Cedar Creek Brewery
Community Beer Company (one of my favs)
Deep Ellum Brewing Company (another great one)
Firewheel Brewing
Four Corners Brewing
Franconia Brewing (I like their Kolsch)
Independent Ale Works
Lakewood Brewing (I have not liked any of their beers)
Peticolas Brewing

Further out, but in the Dallas-Ft Worth area:

Revolver Brewing (I love their Blood & Honey)
Rahr & Sons
Rabbit Hole Brewing

5 years ago we serendipitously moved into what would be the center of the chicago microbrew boom, logan square. i'm walking distance from revolution brewery and ale syndicate/arcade. atlas, pipeworks, dryhop, spiteful, and half acre are all less than a 10 minute drive.
it's a problem. :)

Sockeye, Payette, and 10Barrel. Barley Brown's is about an hour drive. Bunch of small breweries in town as well.

Lots of good breweries in your area.. I like Crooked Fence too. But, sadness happens.. I see 10 Barrel was bought out by In-Bev (Bud) Another great craft brewery bought by big money. Can't blame the guys.. but, sooooo sad. Been counters will change it despite what the guys said.

I have about a 5 minute walk to Cole St. Brewing. In the summers he opens up the bay doors and we have a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier. He also allows our pups to hang out with us as we enjoy a cold brew, good conversation and one of the best views in the world!

Hey, I went to high school in Enumclaw!

5 minutes from Stoudts and a nice Brew Pub called Union Barrel Works, I don't think they sell outside of the pub. I really enjoy Saucony Brewing which is down the street from my sons college. Troegs is about 45 minutes but we get to Hershey about 4 times a year and Troegs is a must for a snack and a couple of beers.

I'm about a block from Blue Point, and just down the road from Brickhouse Brewery, the latter does not distribute much though

I have a ton of breweries very close to home. Vancouver seems to be pumping out the beer in the last couple of years. They are all about 10-20 mins away, depending on traffic.

Green Leaf Brewing
Black Kettle Brewing
Deep Cove
Bridge Brewing
Parallel 49
Storm
Coal Harbor

I mostly hit up Bridge or Green Leaf on the North Shore... Those are my go to's.

La Voie Maltée in Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada. Translates as "The Malty Way". About 5 minutes from my house, life is good there. I like their Red Ale and their Stout. And great food too! They also have a seasonal IIPA that's very good.

20 minute walking distance: (closest to furthest)

Thorn St Brewery
Modern Times satellite tasting room
Stone Brewing satellite tasting room
Hess Brewing
Belching Beaver satellite tasting room
2 more breweries underway in the neighborhood

I love San Diego

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Closest brewery to me is about 35 minutes away....and they are very new...

So far.. pretty good..

Texas Beer Refinery

If I can just win a big enough lottery, then I'll open one with five miles of my house.. and it will be glorious..... :mug:

Lots of good breweries in your area.. I like Crooked Fence too. But, sadness happens.. I see 10 Barrel was bought out by In-Bev (Bud) Another great craft brewery bought by big money. Can't blame the guys.. but, sooooo sad. Been counters will change it despite what the guys said.

Yeah it is sad. I'm glad Payette and Sockeye are still small. I used to live in Healdsburg myself. Still have family in town...luckily I still have access to Bear Republic and RR through them!! :rockin:

Driving for an hour hardly seems local. I guess there would maybe be 30 or so breweries in that. Not many compared to other parts of UK

There aren't many within the city, Clockwork (small brewpub that does so-so beers), WEST (a german/scottish brewery, does limited beers but quite nice), Drygate (only just started, looks promising), Jaw brew (just started, only had one beer)

I'd go for WEST as they do a nice pork knuckle to go with their beer
jmRNaKK.jpg

Inside of 30 minutes, I've got Thomas Creek, Brewery85, Quest...

Give me an hour and half (Asheville), I've got:

Highland
Asheville
Green Man
French Broad
Pisgah
Wedge
Thirsty Monk
Lexington
Oyster House
Altamont
Blue Mountain
Wicked Weed
High Wire
Lookout
Burial
Twin Leaf
One World
Catawba
New Belgium
Sierra Nevada

And about 10 others with a little more drive time...

GT

The closest to me is still one of my favorites.
Excelsior Brewing

Enki in Victoria

after that it gets more east into the metro.
Steel Toe
Lucid
Badger Hill
Bad Weather
LTD
Surly
Dangerous Man
etc etc etc.
Minneapolis has a ton of breweries now.

about 10 mins away we have barrier brewery co..but i am not impressed..mediocre at best not to mention 20 bucks for a 64oz growler of swill

about 10 mins away we have barrier brewery co..but i am not impressed..mediocre at best not to mention 20 bucks for a 64oz growler of swill

I had their centennial ruckus IPA last week and thought it was amazing, haven't had anything else they have done tho

Latest posts

Back