What is your favorite intoxicant next to beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite intoxicant next to beer?

• Mead

• Bourbon whiskey

• Gin

• Wine (also including champagne and port)

• Rum

• Tequila/Mezcal

• Brandy/Cognac

• Vodka

• Scotch whisky

• Other: tell us in a post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don Eduardo Anejo. Or Crown. But good tequila is definitely my favorite.

Been doing the 'be ready to be tested' thing, for a long time, to find a real job after my plant closed in '02, so sadly, herb has been a very rare, very guilt ridden rarity.

Now that I've a landed a job that I absolutely love, and they test us regularly and randomly, by oral-swab gas chromatography, I can only sit and smell as wifey burns my archive of dirt-farmed sticky, skunky home grown, and know my farming days are over.... :(

I'm a bourbon man too. I do enjoy the occasional manhattan (think bourbon martini), but I mostly drink it on rocks.

At my house, there's almost always a bottle of Evan Williams black label in the liquor cabinet. It's tasty, relatively cheap, and I don't feel bad mixing it with coke for a guest. The good stuff is usually along the lines of Bulleit, Maker's, or Woodford, although I'd really like to get my mitts on a bottle of Blanton's or Eagle Rare.

When I want something besides beer I go with the Bourbon. A lot of 7 and 7's, or Beam for me. I'm cheap.
Nothing wrong with Beam -- it's on the rail at a lot of places for a good reason.

Wild Turkey 101 .... mmmmmGood.
Ahh. Blackout fuel. I actually had a waiter (at a fancy teppanyaki joint in honolulu) compliment me on being able to drink turkey 101 without a mixer. Apparently, it was a bit much for him. :)

Also, for family get-togethers, we almost always break out a bottle of Chartreuse after dinner. If you haven't had it before, it's a tasty (and potent, at 110 proof) digestif. Skip the yellow, and buy the green stuff, unless you're rich and can buy the V.E.P. at $165/750 ml.

I voted bourbon - I really enjoy it on the rocks, neat or with a little water if the night is young. I have some Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Bulleit. I also have some Evan Williams.

Another good whiskey is Pendletons - a Canadian style made in OR.

But my favorite intoxicant next to beer is a nice bit of some good green.:rockin:

I have something they call the reefer madness.
Nothing beats sitting on your porch with a beer and a J watching the rings float away from you.

Now that I've a landed a job that I absolutely love, and they test us regularly and randomly, by oral-swab gas chromatography, I can only sit and smell as wifey burns my archive of dirt-farmed sticky, skunky home grown, and know my farming days are over.... :(

I truly feel so sorry for you, that has to be so difficult to just sit there and restrain yourself.

I voted bourbon, and it doesn't even need to be aged as long as this thread!! :D

Bourbon is the great American falling down water, I love it!! :D

1) Wacky Tobacky
2) Navan
3) Acapulco Gold
4) Tuaca
5) Peyote
6) Corralejo Tequila
7) Sex (with any woman other than my wife)
8) A perfect margarita
9) Brown Russian (White Russian w/ a shot of espresso)
10) Stem and Seeds
11) Sex (with my wife)

Bombay gin and tonic

Tequila makes me stupid, like get engaged and married kinda stupid. Did that twice, gave up tequila.

Grew my own in the back room and back yard. Good stuff. FoodSaver it, it will last a while.

Tequila makes me forget everything after just a few. I even lost a tequila drinking contest to a girl once.....woke up on the floor.....I hate tequila, but I still likes the girls. :)

Alabama Football!

I enjoy a nice glass of Turkey 101 on the rocks every now an then as well :D.

Before I could homebrew (didn't have space until I moved to my new place), I was really into bourbon. Still enjoy it - and any style of whiskey, for that matter- quite a lot.

I break with the purists, though, and like a single ice cube in a couple of fingers of bourbon.

Lagavulin 15yo Scotch. I work next to a place that is known for there great scotch selection. Alot of us go over there after work but there beer selection is not great. A lagavulin neat and a diet coke sipper is all I need.

Gotta go with wine or mead here... I do enjoy a good whiskey but can't drink it often it leads to drunkenness too quickly for me. Give me something fermented, I'll pass on the distilled stuff.

#1 Mead
#2 Scotch
#3 Rum
#4 Whiskey..good to cheap...just depends on how you use it.

This looks very similar to my list.

Mead very recently entered into the picture as my first attempts are now getting nearly a year old. The store bought stuff was mostly underwhelming but even my cheap batches are turning out real nice.

Other than that good rum, Bourbon, Scotch, and even tequila are good straight or on ice. I don't care much for the sweet mixed cocktails.

Craig

Latest posts

Back