What is your avatar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is an avatar of myself. Last place I worked, everyone in the IT department made one of themself for use on the department's intranet, as well as to use to show what developer "broke the build" on a wall-mounted monitor.

The latter part did not happen before I had left, but I have been considering something similar at the current shop that I am in. Just making the avatar was a fun diversion for the team, and some of us still use it for just about everything that requires an avatar.

Mine is Bill the Cat. He was abducted by the Russians and they replaced his brain with tater tots.

Me, too! At least it often seems that way if you listen to what my coworkers say about me on a monday morning.

My avatar is just a goofy thing poking gentle fun at a children's icon. I work with kids all day so it combines my job AND my hobby. That's hard to do if you think about it. I mean it was either this or Billy Bob's Bad Santa.

I stole mine off the web. I play tuba so it is fitting. One of these days I want to take a picture of myself with my horn in the same position (minus the beer) and use that instead

I have no clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Commander

Sweet! Steppenwolf! \m/ \m/

oh wait... wrong Steppenwolf...

There is no wrong Steppenwolf, just one that is not the other.

I love Hesse! I didn't realize that was him.
Peter Camenzind and Siddhartha are a couple of my favorites.
I've started Magister Ludi a couple of times, but it's pretty deep.

Magister Ludi is supposed to be his master work, I am hesitiant to read it as my expectations are high. I will, I just need to be in the right mind.

Camenzind gets criticized, it was his first book. He had written some short stories, but this was his first novel attempt. As far as first novels go, it's great. It establishes his later character development then allows for the development of his prophet characters in his later body of work. Peter's interaction with Bopo is pivotal in understanding the character of Hesse.

Also it starts down the road of "purpose" and "meaning" which he more or less sums up in Klignsor's Last Summer, at least in regards to death.

I feel purpose was more pronounced in Narcissus and Goldmund, but then that was the point of that book.

Last edited:
We saw rune stones all over Scandinavia during our couple of months there last summer. The rune in my avatar is wunjo, which is the rune symbol for joy.

Mine is Ludwig Wittgenstein (my favorite philospher). He watches all that I post, with disappointment.

I change mine all the time, but I always go back to this one. I think it's pretty self explanatory!

Hey! Glad it's back!

Open note to all HBT'ers: Next time Yooper changes her avatar, just deluge her with PM's calling her a dude. The dominatrix will be back in no time ;)

:rockin:

ignignokt_err.gif

Mine is a photo from an anti-alcohol advertisement I found on the web. People seem to hate it, so I am keeping it forever, dressing it up on holidays.

Speaking of which... I need to put on my irish hat since St Patty's day is coming soon.

Back