what is this???Infected??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crock_it_out

Reaction score
This is a Bicentennial Blonde....primary for 17days....now in the carboy for 11 days...I crashed it for a couple days and now it has warmed back up....could it just be residual yeast reactivated? Or is this an infection....I was going to bottle it this tomorrow....PLEASE HELP!!!!

IMG_0577.jpg

Looks like normal fermentation. Have you measure with a gravity reading? if you cold crash before fermentation is complete and warm up, I would expect some yeast activity.

Looks like normal fermentation. Have you measure with a gravity reading? if you cold crash before fermentation is complete and warm up, I would expect some yeast activity.
when i saw first signs..I took a sample a couple days ago and go the same gravity as I did when I racked to carboy.

I'm not a big fan of those bubbles on the side of the carboy and in the center. Kinda looks like my lambic in its infancy.

How does it taste?

I tasted it about 3 days ago before the bubbles....and ironically enough it reminded me of a warm Bud, Bud Light or Miller....pick one cause I'm not a fan of any of them....I didn't feel like it was not drinkable...it taste about the same as it did out of the primary just a tad more bitter.

Im no expert, but it seems like unless its fuzzz or looks like a moonscape then its probably fine. Do a search and find the "post your infection" thread. THOSE are what infections look like!

davekippen said:
Im no expert, but it seems like unless its fuzzz or looks like a moonscape then its probably fine. Do a search and find the "post your infection" thread. THOSE are what infections look like!

Yeah I've posted it on that thread, but haven't received any feedback…it's not powdery… yet but it's in the bottle tomorrow

Back