What is the "on" position for gas going to a corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a week for my beer to carbonate with no luck. I've troubleshooting everything and couldn't figure it out. While I was playing with the on/off lever on the gas I've noticed that when the lever is vertical (up and down) I get a lot of pressure coming from the tap. When it is to the far right (which I thought was on full blast) I didn't get any pressure. Are both sides off and the middle fully on? I hope so...otherwise I'm back at square one. I came to this conclusion because I let all gas out of my keg via the bleed valve on top and couldn't get beer out when the lever was to the right. When I have it vertical it comes shooting out.

I take it you mean the small gas valve? If so, then yes. It operates similar to a ball valve in your plumbing lines. When the lever is perpendicular to the valve, the valve is shut. When the lever is inline with the valve, the valve is full open.

Back