What is the best beer you ever brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stblindtiger

Reaction score
I have been brewing a lot of single malt/single hop beers lately, and I'm getting the itch to be a bit creative. I started thinking about the best beers I have brewed so far (Graham cracker Pumpkin ale, Christmas fig Old Ale, Sour Stout, Home smoked Rauchbier), and was wondering what were other people's favorite brews?

With my hard water here, (not knowing yet its full chemistry). My Irish stouts turn out really well.

My first Mr. Beer Light Beer with improvised addition of honey! The last 3 bottles were so good, plus 7% ABV I was a happy camper!

Mine is a toss-up between either my texas amber (5.5# munich, 3.25# vienna, .5# c20, .5# c60, 3oz roasted barley. hallertauer : 1.5oz FWH, .5oz @ 20, 1oz whirlpool, single decoction and 1056 at 65*F),
or my house IPA (burtonized water, 2row torrified wheat munich victory simcoe citra centennial blends @ 60,30,12,8,4,2 with 1332).

both recipes look a lot more complex than they actually taste, and i've rebrewed them over and over and over for a couple years now. believe it or not, both of them started out as SMaSH brews and evolved into their current state one tweak at a time.

I wrote a recipe for a rye IPA that had lots of Simcoe earlier that lasted about 2 weeks in the keg. Everybody loved it so much that it went faster than any beer I have done before.

My light german lagers are probably (technically) my best beers - Helles, Dortmunder, Pilsner.

My personal favorite is maybe my British Dark Mild.

I brewed up an oaked imperial IPA modeled after 3 Floyd's Dreadnaught. So good, way too drinkable for an imperial.

My stout right now is my favorite beer I make. Everyone asks for me to brew it. I always have a case on hand through out the year.

I'd have to say it's my PM BIAB Maori IPA with all NZ hops. Tastes kinda like a SA Latitude 48 IPA with the characteristic NZ tropical fruitiness. Everybody save for one liked it when they tried it. I'm still waiting for the young fella with my lawn care guys to come back to learn to brew. He was really enthusiastic at the time When he drank a glass of it?...

Latest posts

Back